Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, have you ever taken a stroll tthrough some of the other forums? OH MY GOD! There is actually a discussion in the XCRacing and Training Forum about whether you should have sex ("Ejaculate"!) before a race - Hellooo - take it to Tooltime guys, is there really room for debate on that issue? The Singlespeeders are all in a snoit because people are challenging the assumption that SSers can ride anything better, the 2-9ers are in a different world all together, there's actually a dude in Wheels and Tires that has never seen a Presta valve before - "What's this valve thing on my tube and where does the air go?

All I can say is this forum has it TOGETHER! We've got Scottish sheep references, fat dwarves in Lycra, 'Zilla doing Steve Wonder covers, Dirty Harriet and TA's long distance romance, CRAZY FRED bringin' on the pain, Cactus Corn, Dusty Bott..... oh, nevermind.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
it was actually kiwi sheep references...

Two NZ sheep farmers are flying the mob to a new farm. Suddenly, the engine fails and the plane begins to fall quickly to the ground.
SH1: "Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!"
SH2: "What about the sheep ?!?"
SH1: "Bugger the sheep !!!!"
SH2: (pause) "Do you think we have time?"

How does a NZ'er find a sheep in long grass?
Veeerrry satisfying.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Of course, the other forums don't have CC's "scary map your cell phone" links and "what shock for my spot" threads either. So I guess it somewhat balances out.

But I was bummmed to notice that no one in the 29er forum (to my reccollection) took pix of their Sultan on their couch. Sad, just sad.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
This forum blows. The bikes are good enough, however, to make it tolerable.

:ihih::prft::ciappa:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
do the other forums have public pi$$ing contests too ?????? not that someone as mature as I would ever partake in such a thing........

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
All Mountain said:
it was actually kiwi sheep references...

Two NZ sheep farmers are flying the mob to a new farm. Suddenly, the engine fails and the plane begins to fall quickly to the ground.
SH1: "Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!"
SH2: "What about the sheep ?!?"
SH1: "Bugger the sheep !!!!"
SH2: (pause) "Do you think we have time?"

How does a NZ'er find a sheep in long grass?
Veeerrry satisfying.
in catholic school, there was a version of this joke that included a priest and some boy scouts! :lol:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cutthroat said:
There is actually a discussion in the XCRacing and Training Forum about whether you should have sex ("Ejaculate"!) before a race -
FASCINATING...so what's the verdict? yes or no on ejaculation? :D

and also, just before a race? or do you have to ejaculate before long training rides? maybe only intervals but not climbs?

what about all you AM/DH boys? what's your ejaculation/riding schedule?:confused:

like i said...FASCINATING! :lol:

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
dHarriet said:
FASCINATING...so what's the verdict? yes or no on ejaculation? :D

and also, just before a race? or do you have to ejaculate before long training rides? maybe only intervals but not climbs?

what about all you AM/DH boys? what's your ejaculation/riding schedule?:confused:

like i said...FASCINATING! :lol:
I'm premature, I always do it before I drop.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
All Mountain said:
I'm reckon TA had sheep and priests in his catholic school :D
it would certainly explain a lot...wouldn't it??

·
moe.
371 Posts
How are you liking that fork on your Sultan?

jncarpenter said:
I am waiting for a Sultan and trying to decide between 1.) Saving money and transferring my Reba onto it so I can buy something better later when available or 2.) Trying a out the new WB 100mm fork out. I guess the Maverick is a third option.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
cutthroat said:
...We've got Scottish sheep references...
If those were my sheep you were referencing, they are quality English sheep. I wouldn't go near Scottish sheep, they are dirty and smell of whisky (I've heard).

If they weren't mine, I apologise and do not wish to start a fight with anyone. Unless they're Scottish. Or Welsh. :D

Agree on the forum though. I don't post that much (which I'll try to improve), but I read a lot and love it!

TB

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
why???

its the people, pure and simple. ive had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person and sharin a ride on some killer trails id otherwise had missed. ive had great discussions with others on a variety of subjects that expanded my soul in 1 way or another. ive asked for and found help on a number of levels that im sure id otherwise still be lookin for answers to, many of those just recently. ive been offered the chance to do somethin that makes me feel pretty good about myself from time to time. most importantly, ive made some good friends here over the last 2 years. fine warm hearted folks that offer their homes and families, sometimes their hard earned refreshments, to a weary traveler and when i leave its hanshakes and hugs all around. i see dt and the gang step up almost daily and show the group, and the industry, how a small company can set the standard.

and i laugh on most days. thanx for all that everyone.

Attachments

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
mtntrance said:
I am waiting for a Sultan and trying to decide between 1.) Saving money and transferring my Reba onto it so I can buy something better later when available or 2.) Trying a out the new WB 100mm fork out. I guess the Maverick is a third option.
Your behind the 8 ball again mtntrance. JNC would not be caught dead on a bike that wasn't ninja'd out in all black. :skep: :p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts