Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I perfectly understand that some service kits can work over a number of different versions of forks and shocks, but with FOX and RockShox at least I've started to build up such a large sellection of spares that I now have two large storage boxes with dividers to sort all my spares !

Its almost as though some spares dont even resemble anything for any model close to the ones they are for ?

Is this normal and why ?

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Fox DPS kits fit probably 20 different shock models from many, many model years. I find it strange that the Fox 200h rebuild kit comes with the air piston seal but not the backing rings, and maybe 10 air can seals. I now also have a whole box full of them, none of which I will likely ever need.

I would be happier with a cheaper shock specific kit like they do for the air cans or X2.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
it they had to inventory and store individual specific kits, they'd have to pay more for warehouse space, logistics, and charge you more for your suspension and parts. better to put a bunch of common-enough cheap items in one bag

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, understood, but if they gave two sets of main shaft seals as well then you could almost at least service 2 shocks with one kit !

Looks like I'm going to visit Dougals fancy web site to stock up on spares to complete all of my incomplete bags of wonder !

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Is there somewhere online you can by individual mountain bike suspension seals without having to measure them up and figuring out the specs?
I've got two categories, fork parts and shock parts, that will interest you. The "individual seals" categories have most applicable seals available individually:
Parts for Forks - Forks | Shockcraft Parts for Shocks - Shocks | Shockcraft

I don't have applications listed for all because it gets enormous and it's constantly changing as we put together service kits for both brand new and really old suspension.

·
Registered
281 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.