Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting a good jump/street bike these are on my short list. For those that own them what are the good and bad points about the bikes.

Thanks

·
BANG!!!
25 Posts
i cant say much about the cowan except the people i know that have them love them but i am riding an 06 scrap and enjoy it very much

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Well... The bike was designed with DJ in mind... Nice tight angles, super short cockpit and stays. It's going to feel very agile in the air. If you want to pedal lots of XC though, it's not the bike for you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've got an 05 cowan (the good color). Some of the good points are the geometry, rotor tabs if your into barspin tricks, and of course the option to run single speed. Even if you don't run SS you can still change the wheelbase by sliding the dropouts back and forth. The frame is made well and can take the abuse of DJ or freeriding. I've used mine for quite a bit of DH also including Northstar and Downeiville and it held it's own even though it's not necesarilly in it's element. Me and my buddy swapped one day while riding a DH trail, he's got a stinky, and after the ride he had a big grin on his face and commented that it just feels good.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
All of this...

Is pretty much my experience too. My Cowan is my favorite bike. It can pedal up all day with the PIKE on 95mm, or it tears it up downhill on 140mm. I chose the Cowan because of the singlespeed capability and also because it comes in several larger sizes. I wanted a frame big enough to run a full-length seatpost if I feel like raising the saddle.

JMH

Fillmoe Slim said:
I've got an 05 cowan (the good color). Some of the good points are the geometry, rotor tabs if your into barspin tricks, and of course the option to run single speed. Even if you don't run SS you can still change the wheelbase by sliding the dropouts back and forth. The frame is made well and can take the abuse of DJ or freeriding. I've used mine for quite a bit of DH also including Northstar and Downeiville and it held it's own even though it's not necesarilly in it's element. Me and my buddy swapped one day while riding a DH trail, he's got a stinky, and after the ride he had a big grin on his face and commented that it just feels good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts