Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
ftajiri said:
why some competitors uses a road shoes to run xco? sauser for example, uses road shoes with some pieces of tires in underfoot? i read this in some magazines..:skep:
Yep, lighter and stiffer. At the level or XC racing of these guys, they aren't needing great walking ability out of their race shoes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in one the magazines sauser's related to need to run on foot in come climbs using a road shoes... is he climbs on toenails only?? how are tires glued under shoes? any pics?

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
While they may be lighter, I don't know that that's really why they wear them. I tend to think they wear them more because they're stiffer.

Road shoes are more or less inflexible. You can't walk in them. The sole won't flex. MTB shoes are designed with the fact that for some period of time on any ride you may be hiking. as such, they flex some. The stiffer the sole, the better the transfer of power from foot to pedal.

YR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.