Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
Reminds me of when EastCoastHucker did that huge drop to flat and t-boned a rather large tree. :rolleyes: His White Bros DC fork snapped the P-3 frame in the same manner.

Plus he did it without a helmet :thumbsup:

G

·
mtnbiker0755 said:
i have always thought that P-series r DJ bikes- can they handle a long travel DC fork like that?
They can handle it, for a while... Not supposed to do it..

Mine held up a lot of stuff...

·
Registered
128 Posts
that first pic with the green P3. is from 2001.... the frame has gotten burlier.

nothing wrong with a dual crown on a hardtail. don't that many times. hell you can see them in the hardtail class DH at some races. mostly the Evil hard tail with a boxxer or even monster on the front. the bike is just fun that way

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DHS said:
that first pic with the green P3. is from 2001.... the frame has gotten burlier.

nothing wrong with a dual crown on a hardtail. don't that many times. hell you can see them in the hardtail class DH at some races. mostly the Evil hard tail with a boxxer or even monster on the front. the bike is just fun that way
I dont have a problem with it being on a hardtail thats designed for a double or tripple clamp fork, i just wouldnt put it on a p series bike

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
f0ggy said:
I dont have a problem with it being on a hardtail thats designed for a double or tripple clamp fork, i just wouldnt put it on a p series bike
p series can take it. you just dont want to go huge or anything on it. and like, when I had the kingpin. the sag was pretty deep. when you stood you'd get like 140mm of travel. so really, its more like a 140mm fork rather than a 170mm. also it has the small crowns, for bikes that need a smaller fork.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.