Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marzocchi claims to be making a 9 x 2.75. A non-platform shock for a bike that doesn't require one makes since to me. I bet there not that bad to adjust for the low compression either.

I'm wonderingp what would happen with an Avalance 9 x 3 inch stroke shock installed on the 7point? Perhaps a little too much travel, with the frame contacting the seat? Or, just an extra little bit of travel? Not that I want to buy one, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
powderho said:
Marzocchi claims to be making a 9 x 2.75. A non-platform shock for a bike that doesn't require one makes since to me. I bet there not that bad to adjust for the low compression either.

I'm wonderingp what would happen with an Avalance 9 x 3 inch stroke shock installed on the 7point? Perhaps a little too much travel, with the frame contacting the seat? Or, just an extra little bit of travel? Not that I want to buy one, just wondering.
The 9X2.75 Rocco could be awesome as long as they tune out some low speed compression that other suspension systems need to pedal well.

A 9X3.0 would cause massive metal to metal interference between the swingarm and upper links. Keeping people from trying this is one of the reasons that the new bikes use an 8.75X2.75 coil over. Air shocks require longer cans a lot of the time, that is why the 7.9 still uses the 9X2.75.

A 9X3.0 will not fit the 7POINT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.