Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
SUH-WEET!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't have expect from Canfield Bros... but awesome!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I've been jonesin' for a 5-6" travel Canfield parallel link 29er for many moons. This, is beyond neat-o.

·
Registered
132 Posts
the 29er format has a lot to offer the dh pilot better bump rollover , larger tyre contact patch, increased gyroscopic stability , ,, why are we so surprised then

·
Don't be a sheep
3,425 Posts
ade ward said:
the 29er format has a lot to offer the dh pilot better bump rollover , larger tyre contact patch, increased gyroscopic stability , ,, why are we so surprised then
Clueless. All those things are already accomplished using larger, heavier DH tires without the drawbacks of wagon wheels. Canfiield like so many small builders before them is looking to the 29'er market to prop up their sales. Most every paid DH pro has ridden a 29'er of some sort and when asked about racing DH on one they just laugh.

·
UK based 29er Convert
38 Posts
Steve Peat was seen as saying on his Twitter feed that his Tall Boy in "Mint downhill" (his words not mine)

Thats good enough for me ;-)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Rivet said:
Clueless. All those things are already accomplished using larger, heavier DH tires without the drawbacks of wagon wheels. Canfiield like so many small builders before them is looking to the 29'er market to prop up their sales. Most every paid DH pro has ridden a 29'er of some sort and when asked about racing DH on one they just laugh.
So, you're at least open to the idea...;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey everyone- That frame is a old Balance frame I mod-ed for 29er wheels-
The BB is 14.1- and it needs to be about 13.5 or so.
The HA is 65 and I think 64 would be better.
But the stays are at 17.25 with the slide back option to 17.75.
The 17.25 feel awesome-

I built this up to check the 29er wheels for DH. I rode the Lenz last fall in moab and loved it. So- I had to have one for myself to test for this season and see if it was quick enough in the corners and how they would jump. Those were my real concerns. But not any more.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
cSquared said:
Hey everyone- That frame is a old Balance frame I mod-ed for 29er wheels-
The BB is 14.1- and it needs to be about 13.5 or so.
The HA is 65 and I think 64 would be better.
But the stays are at 17.25 with the slide back option to 17.75.
The 17.25 feel awesome-

I built this up to check the 29er wheels for DH. I rode the Lenz last fall in moab and loved it. So- I had to have one for myself to test for this season and see if it was quick enough in the corners and how they would jump. Those were my real concerns. But not any more.
Chris, Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jamas Stiber, Factory Lenz 29er! DH

Dude the Canfeild looks sweet! Glad to see 29ers getting on the DH Course!
Devin and I are going to Race the PBJ This Weekend Angle Fire!!! Hope to see more 29er at the event.

Here is a sneek Photo of our sick Rigs!

Liven the Dream!

J-Rock

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Big Stibe' said:
Dude the Canfeild looks sweet! Glad to see 29ers getting on the DH Course!
Devin and I are going to Race the PBJ This Weekend Angle Fire!!! Hope to see more 29er at the event.

Here is a sneek Photo of our sick Rigs!

Liven the Dream!

J-Rock
I cant wait for mine. I have been waiting a long time. Its good to see that he is getting closer to finishing them

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Big Stibe' said:
We Just sent yours off the the Powder coating Factory Yesterday! it is going to look sweet with the PBJ Camo paint!
J-Rock
WhoooHoooooo fantastic news. Cant wait to see how it rides and all the haters say here on the east coast. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts