Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
steep fast and loose :)
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for me, it's the stiffness and quality of build only.............
fantastic attention to detail combined with uber-stiff tracking and zero lateral flex are happiness in motion. well thought out evolution of design and a hero local bike shop [Gravity Sports] providing back up, even though Dipper's an uber-gonk........:p
pedal strike and excess weight are holding them back ime, although the weight and stiffness are locally associated........

and you ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Added value in the sense of attention to detail, quality and nicely executed elements of the manufacturing process.

I have had other "big name" brands, and they just aren't as special IMO. It's all about the welding

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
for me, it's the stiffness and quality of build only.............
fantastic attention to detail combined with uber-stiff tracking and zero lateral flex are happiness in motion. well thought out evolution of design and a hero local bike shop [Gravity Sports] providing back up, even though Dipper's an uber-gonk........:p
pedal strike and excess weight are holding them back ime, although the weight and stiffness are locally associated........

and you ?
like I always tell you, if you're going to do something then do it right. therefore if i'm going to be a gonk I might as well go the full hog and be an uber-gonk!:D

same philosophy applies to bikes and why I ride nicolais. there's loads of good bikes these days but if i'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
For me it was the ride and as Lecht says the Hero like bike shop, in my case Psyclewerx. When I first went to Psyclewerx it was to test ride a Turner. On that particular day I was knackered and not really up for a ride but I wanted a new bike and I’d decided the Turner was the one. Unfortunately it was ****. Robby they let me borrow his CC and OMG it was a revelation. I’d never ridden anything this good – beyond amazing it was the way it accelerated up hill and was so flickable that got me. Since then I’ve also grown to appreciate the build quality and service you get from these guys. I think it is now very unlikely I’ll stray far form Nicolia

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Hard to sum up really, as has been mentioned, the attention to detail is 2nd to none... The frames are functional wonderfully executed pieces of art.... and they happen to ride focken great......

But the rear end stiffness and the frame alignment are also fantastic....

Oh and the choice of colours....

Oh and that I get to read what sort of mood TLR has woken up in, could only be in the world of Nicolai. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
@ Whafe - I have a new years resolution.......keep yer eyes peeled :D
Eyes are wide and peeled, as I sit at work on new Years Eve day.... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Yeah, one of those sheep shaggers from New Zilland......

Did you see those focken welds on that Nicolai frame, like sex on toast ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.