Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Because I'm at the top of the last big climb of the day, drop a 900' descent, climb 700', then descend over 2000' to finish the ride. A friend and I did a ride we call 8 Drainages, it goes up, or down, or crosses 8 different creek drainages in the Teanaway River area of Washington.

That's the Curtlo with the DUC 32, it feels too tall. Plush, but too tall. My BW 1.0 just went off to get the IMV conversion, hope to get it back quick.

More pictures here https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=208048

Monte

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
New bike wood...

Monte said:

Because I'm at the top of the last big climb of the day, drop a 900' descent, climb 700', then descend over 2000' to finish the ride. A friend and I did a ride we call 8 Drainages, it goes up, or down, or crosses 8 different creek drainages in the Teanaway River area of Washington.

That's the Curtlo with the DUC 32, it feels too tall. Plush, but too tall. My BW 1.0 just went off to get the IMV conversion, hope to get it back quick.

More pictures here https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=208048

Monte
Great pics. That ride is something..

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
If it's too tall, why now lower the handlebar, or get a lower one? That's all why roadies have drop bars, and why downhiller have risers. Bars for your bar height preference.
I'd love a long-travel fork with normal bar height, I think...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Cloxxki said:
If it's too tall, why now lower the handlebar, or get a lower one? That's all why roadies have drop bars, and why downhiller have risers. Bars for your bar height preference.
Monte is using a Jones Hbar and the DUC32 limits your stem choices.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cloxxki said:
It's not really a long travel fork in the 29" setup. It's only 4 1/2" travel, a Magic 29/100 is 4", with a A to C that's probably over 1/2" shorter. Even if I got the bar down, which I can, I still have to use the fork lockdown. With the BW 1.0 on the bike I never had to use the fork lockdown. The 1/2" of extra travel and extra a to c is just enough to make the bike climb different.

Monte

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Nice ... back in the 90s I did a fair bit of camping and hiking in the Teanaway area. I didn't know about bike trails in the area at the time, but next time I go I'll bring the bike. Beautiful country ... any views of Mt. Stuart from your trail?

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GlowBoy said:
Nice ... back in the 90s I did a fair bit of camping and hiking in the Teanaway area. I didn't know about bike trails in the area at the time, but next time I go I'll bring the bike. Beautiful country ... any views of Mt. Stuart from your trail?
Lots of good riding in the area, check out the WA board, search for posts by gearz and Monte. Stuart was in our face pretty much at every ridge we crossed and part way into the next valley, all day.

Here's one shot:

Monte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.