Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering why there is no forum for those of us who like to make our own tools and bike related products to share ideas. Certainly, I`m not the only one who has thought of this........::idea:

I like to make my own tools, make my own chain lube, use ghetto tubeless, make my own tire sealant, etc. How nice it would be to have a forum for those of us wishing to share our tips, tricks, and home brew methods, without having to do a search in every different forum.
I just know I`m not the only one who likes to do this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I totally agree. I've gotten tons of great ideas from this forum and have come up with some of my own as well. It'd be nice if there was a specific forum to share our ideas.

·
Stiff yet compliant
1,895 Posts
tools > Tooltime
chain lube > Drivetrain
ghetto tubeless > Wheels and tires

Sub forumization can easily reach a point of diminishing returns.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,451 Posts
don't forget there's a lights DIY forum because of the sheer volume of people doing DIY lights that it crowded out discussion of pre-made lights in the original lights board.

there's also a framebuilding forum - not sure how you get more DIY than welding your own frame.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
don't forget there's a lights DIY forum because of the sheer volume of people doing DIY lights that it crowded out discussion of pre-made lights in the original lights board.

there's also a framebuilding forum - not sure how you get more DIY than welding your own frame.
I'll trade you3 rep points for a 6 pack of your choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with the OP, over on the Xterra forums im on, we have this. Yeah we have each individual sections, but why search EACH of those sections when the DIY/Homebrew stuff could be consolidated to one location. have the DIY section broken down into the tires/wheels, gear, tools, ect. vs looking all over hell & creation... Makes more sense to me.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,520 Posts
Wondering why there is no forum for those of us who like to make our own tools and bike related products to share ideas. Certainly, I`m not the only one who has thought of this........::idea:

I like to make my own tools, make my own chain lube, use ghetto tubeless, make my own tire sealant, etc. How nice it would be to have a forum for those of us wishing to share our tips, tricks, and home brew methods, without having to do a search in every different forum.
I just know I`m not the only one who likes to do this sort of stuff.
I think a separate board for that would make the information harder, not easier, to find.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I think a separate board for that would make the information harder, not easier, to find.
Agreed, and the info catches a lot more eyes and gets more discussion when it's in the related area.

Besides, I think the OP named 4 out of the 5 DIY topics that are commonly done by mountain bikers (the 5th being chainstay wrap) so it could easily turn out to be a quiet, lonely subforum where people would rather post elsewhere anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts