Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading all of these reviews, and they say all of this good stuff, but they usually say simply, "and it's a RM9" what makes the RM9 SO great?

Hope my stupid question didn't confuse anyone.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
oreo321321 said:
I'm reading all of these reviews, and they say all of this good stuff, but they usually say simply, "and it's a RM9" what makes the RM9 SO great?

i think the question is; why is the rm9 so bad?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i think for the most part (from what i remember) they were really long bikes, possibly heavy, and people in general just shyed away from them. I cant recall people complaining about them in the same respect the RM6/7 was mecanically flawed, but maybe there were just not many out there to begin with.

for the most part, the new RMX could be seen as its return, although with an inch of travel missing, but otherwise the same concept, but directed more in the freeride direction rather than a DH race chassis.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking about getting a 2002 RM9 for about 750 bucks, with the shiver and all. Great condition, medium frame, what do you guys think.

I'm about 5 foot 6 inches

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
oreo321321 said:
I am thinking about getting a 2002 RM9 for about 750 bucks, with the shiver and all. Great condition, medium frame, what do you guys think.

I'm about 5 foot 6 inches
im 5'11 and when i rode one it felt forking huge

·
Registered
524 Posts
you should just pay that for the components, then just buy a new frame. Plus RM had bad warentees on them. Theyre sweet bikes when you see them in person....too bad 02' was the only year they made them...

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
DJrider04 said:
you should just pay that for the components, then just buy a new frame. Plus RM had bad warentees on them. Theyre sweet bikes when you see them in person....too bad 02' was the only year they made them...
they made them in 01 also. they were the ones with the pimp flame paint jobs, and the ones thatt were like red a white were the 01s

edit: zedro says they've been making them since 99 so im wrong again

·
Registered
524 Posts
hm....I thought I only saw them in 02'. I guess I just remember the 02' paintjobs.....and I didnt really get into real mtb's til like 02'-03'....so thats prolly why I never saw anything past 02'.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
konabiker said:
they made them in 01 also. they were the ones with the pimp flame paint jobs, and the ones thatt were like red a white were the 01s

edit: zedro says they've been making them since 99 so im wrong again
i just checked, theres a 1999 model in the reviews section. I remember a Kawasaki green color.

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
oreo321321 said:

Simple answer: It's not. They blew shocks like nobody's business and developed tons of play in the rear end...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts