Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't readily and up-front provide axle-to-crown measurements of all their products so it'd be easier to compare fork lengths as opposed to just travel, as obviously, one 100 mm travel fork is invariably going to be a different length than a competitors. Ignore this thread if they do, in fact, hide this info several clicks deep on their websites, but casual browsing doesn't give much info other than technology, travel, and "claimed weight"....... Perhaps some worldly and knowledgable suspension guru could come up with some figures and have a sticky posted on this forum for future reference by all. It could come in quite handy !!!

- Fuelish

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Fuelish said:
don't readily and up-front provide axle-to-crown measurements of all their products so it'd be easier to compare fork lengths as opposed to just travel, as obviously, one 100 mm travel fork is invariably going to be a different length than a competitors. Ignore this thread if they do, in fact, hide this info several clicks deep on their websites, but casual browsing doesn't give much info other than technology, travel, and "claimed weight"....... Perhaps some worldly and knowledgable suspension guru could come up with some figures and have a sticky posted on this forum for future reference by all. It could come in quite handy !!!

- Fuelish
Most manufacturers try to catch our eye by flashy figures instead of providing that kind of info. Flashy names sell things... real measurements not always. Besides, unfortunately there are so much uninformed people who don't undertand the meaning of those numbers.

I'd like to see those numbers more often too. Some frame manufacturers are worst and do not declare suspension travel or shock dimensions... not even weight.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
its travel first, impact on geometry 2nd..4th..8th

Fuelish said:

- Fuelish
how much a fork is going to jack the bikes geometry doesnt sell forks. Being the first guy on the block with the newest fork with the most travel does...

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jrm said:
how much a fork is going to jack the bikes geometry doesnt sell forks. Being the first guy on the block with the newest fork with the most travel does...
Yeah, I guess....witness Mr Whitney's reply above...hehheh. Call me funny, but I'm funny 'bout even the smallest changes in bike fit/feel once it's dialed in. Just my opinion, which puts me in the minority, I guess ;)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Fuelish said:
Yeah, I guess....witness Mr Whitney's reply above...hehheh. Call me funny, but I'm funny 'bout even the smallest changes in bike fit/feel once it's dialed in. Just my opinion, which puts me in the minority, I guess ;)
I'm with Whitney on this one. I've noticed small changes in geometry in the past, but somehow adapted to it readily. I figure axle-to-crown height changes depending upon how much preload I run, how big of a bump I just hit, etc. As long as it's close to the norm, I adapt to it pretty quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts