Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man my arse hurts! i did this little gap...only drops 3 feet and is 3 1/2 bike lenghts of a specialized hardrock. hahaha great way to measure huh? anyways its just a little gap i do in a parking lot followed by a 4ft...2ft down slope grass gap to another parking lot. then it goes to another 3ft grass gap with a 2ft straight drop to a road.
well i wanted to see if i could get enough speed and do them all with out pedaling after doing the first gap. well i was making it and on the last gap i was like uh oh....i'm not going to make it so i was being dumb and kind up stuck the bik out si i would clip the brick edge and have the back wanna come over on me. well i landed it but then a few feet after my foot slips off the pedal and my butt smashed the seat rails down. ouch!!! the right side of my see is like folded in! haha

well i'm bored and felt like sharing my "gnarly" hucking adventure last night. and by gnarly i mean....me just being an idiot on little things!

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Haha. I hear ya. My bike was way to big for me but I grew a couple inches so it's all good. Got a seat with manganese rails and that doesn't happen anymore.

I cased a small jump, slipped like you did, and tacoed the seat.

Get the Specialized BG Sport seat witht he manganese rails. I think that's what i got.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Well, I got it free because I did it like 2 days after I got the bike.

My poor LBS, they told my dad this bike was perfect for what I am doing.

So, now I have gotten a free chain, a free rear hub and spokes, and a new seat.

Yay....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
you can't taco a seat. only a wheel. the name "taco" represents the shape of a wheel after it has been folded over.
lmao, i think it's quiet possible, cause about 30% of the people who really ride a hardrock sport with their stock seat will have broken the seat. mine was soo bad, the top of the seatpost clap wouldn't come out so i really had to take a screwdriver and pry it out. the whole seat just folded over the clamp. it's why i got a new seat.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Zonk0u said:
I beg to differ.

LOL that seat looks more like a taco than any bent wheel I've seen :D

Hope your butts ok.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Yeah.. mine... my dad had to wrench it apart.. it was so bad he could do it with his hands. How funny.

Hardrock Pro Disc but still, same seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.