Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You Guys Riding?
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for anyone who managed to make it out on the trails today, I'm sure that you can all recognize that it was truly an epic day for enjoying our favorite pass time. Starting off with temps in the mid 70's, the cool breeze and clear skies were a highly appreciated break from the swampy summer feel of 95 degree plus days. Getting out today was pure enjoyment, and I pity anyone who didn't take adavantage of it.

In my best attempt to appreciate the weather for its "cool summer breeze," I made my way out to French Creek. What an awesome place to have here in the PA. With it only being my second voyage out there, I must say I am completely taken back. That place has it all. From smooth twisty single track, to techy climbs, and then to the all out balls to the walls boulder to boulder rock fields, I find a level of enjoyment and challenge riding there that is unsurpassed by most places. In fact, when any trail drops you on your a$$ time after time from trying to push it to new levels in riding ability, you know you've found a trail worth returning to. Which leads me to the reason for my post.

I'm in luv with French Creek. That's right. I said it. And anyone who thinks that is unmanly of me, well, I guess you'll just have to take it up with my mom. She's got my back. In the mean time, I encourage all PA riders to lap up the "cool summer breeze" and make the most of these awesome riding months of the year. I for one feel like today is what summer riding is all about. If there is anyone else out there who knows what I'm talking about, well, feel free to relinquish the manliness in you (or womanliness for that matter), and profess your love for the sweet trails we have right here. Cheers PA mountain bikers!! See ya on the trails!

Peace all,
Lev :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
man i hate to be the know it all intronut d!ck, but you ever bother to go to the trail reviews for PA and look up french creek?

or type french creek into google?

it is in the northwest corner of chester county.

·
Registered
63 Posts
french creek is my "home trail" so to speak. I grew up going there and i am there almost every weekend. I usually do the loop from the main lake up to the second lake (scotts run) through the pines and wrap around to the fire tower road parking lot and hit the back side all the way to the top of the "mountain" if you will. Then it drops me right onto park road. It used to be better until they closed off most all of the trails south of park road to mtbs but you can still have a great time. And yes...i have a all mountain full squishy just becasue i ride at FC also!!! And if you play frisbee golf they have one of the top courses around so i hear. Could be wrong though!

·
You Guys Riding?
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo Max,

When are we breaking out the FS's at FC? We need to do some bumpy riding some time. Possible Wiss ride in the making for tonight...

Lev

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Lev said:
Yo Max,

When are we breaking out the FS's at FC? We need to do some bumpy riding some time. Possible Wiss ride in the making for tonight...

Lev
man i am so stupid busy with non bike stuff (and i just came back from an NC bike weekend) that it will be a few weeks before i get a free day to ride again.

but man i am down! sometime soon i need to send my singlespeed in for a repaint and then all i will have is the squishie. i need to head out to french for a few weeks in a row so i can relearn s.ome of my DH skills on the red/white downhill! i used to FLY down that thing on my old full sus till the rigid singlespeed dug it's clawz into me. recently i have spent more time riding smoother faster stuff the singlespeed seems to crave....

but i need to get back! I LOVE IT!!!!

·
You Guys Riding?
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
max-a-mill said:
man i am so stupid busy with non bike stuff (and i just came back from an NC bike weekend) that it will be a few weeks before i get a free day to ride again.

Dude I ran by you this morning on Kelly. Rise and shine! Wasn't sure it was you until you passed.

Anyways, I hear you on the work lately. I can't go either until at least next weekend, possibly later. Let me know when you're down. I definitely know what you're talking about on that DH on red white. Ridiculously fun and fast.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Lev said:
Dude I ran by you this morning on Kelly. Rise and shine! Wasn't sure it was you until you passed.
cool!

if your up for it i made a last minute decision to try to hit belmont tonight... i'll be there around 5:30 and might just ditch out on the whole "racing" thing to just go ride the trails.

my legs are dead from a long weekend ride and trying to keep up with the fast guys is sounding like torture to me right now.. ;)

·
You Guys Riding?
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yo Max,

Whatup buddy? Just checkin in with ya. I'm finally done with school for a couple weeks, and after going home and visiting the fam, I am back in Philly and lookin to ride. Lemme know what your schedule is lookin like. I'd be down for some Wiss assault or possibly French Creek if you're up for it. Are you racing this weekend?

D.Lev

max-a-mill said:
cool!

if your up for it i made a last minute decision to try to hit belmont tonight... i'll be there around 5:30 and might just ditch out on the whole "racing" thing to just go ride the trails.

my legs are dead from a long weekend ride and trying to keep up with the fast guys is sounding like torture to me right now.. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts