Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my Zone an almost complete overhaul today...

Took off my boxxers lowers... Drip??? I think not... it was pretty dry in there with minimal lube. I was like hmmmmmm... lols. Took the lowers off, greased the seals and upper bushings with RaceTech seal grease. I ziptied a piece of a rag onto a screwdriver to grease up the lower bushings. Slide the lowers on and turned the bike upside down on the rack. Mixed some RS Redrum with Maxima 5wt oil 50/50. Put about 15cc into both legs and put it back together.

Took the bearings off the front Azonic Outlaw hub off. Packed the bearings up with Rock&Roll grease. Put it together. Put the wheel back on the bike.

After that, took the Holzefeller cranks off. Took off the seals on the BB bearings and cleaned and repacked them with Rock&Roll grease. Put that back together. Spins smooth now...

Turned the bike back up and put pulled the pivot on the frame apart. Took the seals off the bearings. Cleaned it up and packed it up with Pedros synthetic bearing grease. Put the seals back on and on the axles i lubed it up with Rock&Roll pivot grease. Put it back together and bam....

Positioned the Stroker master upright. Took off the lever. Removed the cir clip. Removed the spacer on the push rod. Pushed the rubber seal down while using a baking syringe filled with Brake Caliper grease. Filled it up. Pumped it a little bit. Put it back together.

Lubed up the pulleys on the XO derailluer, lubed up the chain. Bike is ready to rock!!! XD

Bike feels soooooo much better. Rear end is much smoother than it was before. Small bump sensitivity is going to be awesome on it now. It'll probably smoothen sh1t better and retain all it's flickability. Front end is so plush. It laughs at the word stiction and Marzocchi... hahahahahaha. BB spins smooth and i dont have that grinding which i had before. Brakes are smooth and it doesnt have that sticking feeling anymore.

All that done in 2 1/2 hours... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jake Pay said:
If I was there to kick your butt, the maintenance would of been done on regular bases :madman:
yea i know... i lube my chain like once a month if i'm lucky. Usually only when it starts crackling... lols. Wash my bike only when i ran over some dog/horse doo doo or after about 4 - 7 months.

My pivots i almost never touch. This is the first time i opened them ever. Usually when you get a new product you wanna check whether if oil levels are right or if bearings are greased and such. I did no such thing for either frame or fork. Lols... I'm not too good with maintainence... It's my one big flaw. I just want to ride... My brain can tick on how things are supposed to work and i dont really mind opening up forks a couple times though... lols

There was one day it really hit me on maintainence though. On my Iggy, i was wondering why everytime i took a corner the tyres would rub the fork lowers. I found out later that day that i had noodles for spokes. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Usually only give it a quick check up the day before a race... lols

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jake Pay said:
Then you will only see "GOLD" by accident..
yea... that sux... i try not to blame things on my bike though... i think it's the rider that needs more work...

I think the bike is in pretty top shape though right now. It's the best it's ever been in terms of how it's performing. Think i might need a personal mechanic to overlook my bike before and during races... lols... Ray? Hahahahahahahahaha

I must say i'm glad i'm not breaking parts like i used to anymore. I havent broken a part since my old saddle when i crashed in CHDH1 in April 2007... *Knock on wood...

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
motormonkeyr6 said:
Get a new rear shox and you'll be set! Still riding that blown swinger from the 1st CHDH ;)

Well look on the bright side! You cant blow it again?
haha.... yea... Thinking Revox or Vivid... Or ISX6 should i go air... but........... $$$ is low right now especially since i'm planning more N* trips and N* Race series...

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
If your looking to go Air look into the RS Pearl line of shocks. Its the burliest air shox I've ever riddin. No pedal platform, stands up to DH and FR abuse, has motion control and floodgate (depending on the model)

The best part is you can pick them up for CHEAP!

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motormonkeyr6 said:
If your looking to go Air look into the RS Pearl line of shocks. Its the burliest air shox I've ever riddin. No pedal platform, stands up to DH and FR abuse, has motion control and floodgate (depending on the model)

The best part is you can pick them up for CHEAP!
Just rode a Revox today... omg... that thing is soooooo nice!!!!!!! So sensitive over the stutter stuff. Sticks to the floor like glue. And the bob?? What bob? Then again, i was riding the bike with 15% sag... lols. But damn did that shock feel good even when it wasnt set up right... Mmmmmmmmmmm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.