Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now i was looking at some dh forks and realy like the look of the shiver . As far as i know they are pretty much the same weight (or arnt they) So why is the 888 now the in fork ?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
gemini2000 said:
Ok now i was looking at some dh forks and realy like the look of the shiver . As far as i know they are pretty much the same weight (or arnt they) So why is the 888 now the in fork ?
The in fork is now the fox 40 since no one outside of a few pros on prototypes has any real long term use on them where as the 888 is now in high circulation and has lost its mystery. :p

As far as your question, pro racers buy light forks which the shiver is not. I personally think it twists too much in really choppy turns where a lot of quick direction changes or off camber stuff happens.

As far as pro freerider types, there are plenty who use them. They are really solid forks that you can beat the crap out of.

·
Registered
429 Posts
While the Shiver is a bit heavier than an ideal race fork, there are more reasons than just weight. Most of the pros support certain fork brands, and they are given the newest forks to ride.

There are actually only a handful of racers who are sponsored by Marzocchi, and those riders use the latest fork--which is the 888.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nah, you guys are all wrong.

It's because they get a 888 for free from Marzocchi, and they don't get a free Shiver. And some of them get paid to have pictures of the 888 show up in magazines, on podiums, etc.

Kinda like asking why DEJ doesn't race in a "Corvette" instead of a "Monte Carlo."

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmm

i thought the Fox 40 RC2 had been tested for 2.5 years?....... maybe i am out of the loop since they told me that at sea otter. Fox's reputation is so good people trust them first year in production, not to mention the 40 is head and tail above the 888. Love mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.