• No, but...

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
OP, why do you give a F? You want to look like you dont give a F. If you dont give a F about others, others wont give a F about you.
To get wide “respect” in this sport, you pretty much need to be good enough to get into Redbull Rampage.
Just because you mountain bike shouldnt get you respect. I know/see lots of people who play basketball, should they get “respect”? Only the top players get widespread “respect”. And just because you become “successful” doesnt earn my respect either, ive met a few people “successful” in business world who are total a$$hats. They treat others like trash and get no respect from me.

·
Trail Rider
1,507 Posts
Yeah, welcome to MTBR. You've weathered the storm.

Many people come into this maelstrom, turn into whiny, offended asshats, and then dip.

Kudos!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
OP, why do you give a F? You want to look like you dont give a F. If you dont give a F about others, others wont give a F about you.
To get wide “respect” in this sport, you pretty much need to be good enough to get into Redbull Rampage.
Just because you mountain bike shouldnt get you respect. I know/see lots of people who play basketball, should they get “respect”? Only the top players get widespread “respect”. And just because you become “successful” doesnt earn my respect either, ive met a few people “successful” in business world who are total a$$hats. They treat others like trash and get no respect from me.
Hey bud, pretty sure you missed the whole joke.

·
Premium Member
6,128 Posts
It looked much more 15 year old caliber before he edited it and broke it into paragraphs. I agree that it looks pretty well written now. Looks like some sort of a class essay. I would title it "My Struggle"
Didn’t some dude with a funny mustache already take that title?!

·
Registered
142 Posts
OP. Try to be a force of positive change in your life. I've seen to many young men fall into a internet whole of anger and self destruction. Spend more time on your bike and focused on bettering yourself, and keep away from the internet.

As for lack of respect. You're at the age that society expects you to show up at the drive through in a car. Riding up on a bike even a mountain bike that cost more than most of your peers cars and you're seen as a scrub. That's why you get grief. It sucks, it's stupid and result of an America unhealthy relationship with cars and teens need for status.

Showing up on a motorcycle is pretty cool, shows folks you're a rebel. Show up on a bicycle, even one that cost more than most people's cars and won the Tour De France and you're a poor scrub boy... Its not right, its not fair and you aren't going to change it.

As an adult on a pricy bike and you get respect. Riding up on a bicycle as a full grown adult, says to society that's you've made it enough to have pricy toy and free time to enjoy it. Same if you rolled up on a motorcycle, towing a boats, driving an Italian sports car, hot mistress, etc...

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,700 Posts
Thanks for the paragraph spacing I actually read it this time around. Sorry for just assuming you were an idiot high schooler who needed reassurance and not the next Jonathan Swift.
moderator made the spacing not OP

op acting up like he meant to be a troll, see right thru it

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
No respect? Try being a skateboarder or soccer player living in a football town in the early nineties.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I build jumps on the side of the trail that get destroyed by forest service or hikers, and when they do, we build them right back up. It's not because I'm an asshole who hates nature. It's not because I have no respect for the trail. I just desire to have the most fun I can and the most freedom I can have.
Its not all about you. And by building illegal s$%t you are being an asshole as it reflects badly on us old rich hippies which I am only one of those three. We have been fighting for trail access for decades that you now can enjoy. You risk access to all of us including yourself based on your behavior. Respect is a two way street and subjective. Have confidence in our sport and respect it. Respect all riders regardless of level and trail users and you will get respect back for the most part.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,700 Posts
broski outs himself as trolling, and ppl are STILL falling for the original troll post.

That, right there, is winning.
methinks OP outs hisself as trolling only because he got told....and trying to escape back under rock

.......jUsT a PrAnK bRo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with every word the OP said. I demand respect and operate under a constant state of being offended.

psst… I took the heat off you bro. Now take your stuff and sneak out the back door. Hurry up before they stop looking at me. F’N joker!

·
Trail Rider
1,507 Posts
I really was the perfect example of the type of person who wasn't going to go into wilderness area or do anything against "nature," so I understand the people who think like this but it really doesn't make that much sense to be sensitive about that. It creates extra work for volunteers and forests service workers. But that's what they volunteered to do and that what the forest service workers are PAID to do
U.S. Forest Rangers/ employees are not paid to fix the damage you cause to trails and wilderness areas. Nor do volunteers give their time and effort to fix the damage you inflict on trails and wilderness areas.

I'm fortunate that I have a 16 year old w/ a group of peers that doesn't have this self-focused, selfish point of view about our society and planet. Gives me hope.

Hopefully your point of view is in the minority, or perhaps you'll mature enough to employ critical thinking and reasoning for the decisions you make in your life.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.