Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
the RXL stems and inform seats are the only parts i buy- for bars RL is lighter, RXXXL is even lighter but a good bit pricier. and my cockpit, seatpost, and seat is the only bontrager stuff i have, and i probably wouldn't have it if i didn't work at a trek storer.

and all bontrager stuff is rebranded, most of it is truvativ (except seats and tires AFAIK) at this point.

·
Registered
64 Posts
opinions, opinions. you know what they're like.... :)

but, i'm a big fan of most of the bontrager stuff. it's true, as stated here, that x lite is not that light, but it is TOUGH. the xxx lite bars are light, 169gm for the xxx lite riser bar on my digital scale. and, i trust the stuff to be tougher than some of the super light weight weenie stuff that might snap in my hands.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Id say avoid it too.

I had some RXL wheels - 167g overweight without the adapters! I havent ever been impressed with any Bontrager stuff. Had a RXL post which always tilted, RXL saddle which bent despite not being in a crash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.