Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal i have been riding my fox 40 for a couple months and the other day and i found the somthing was loose in my fornt end so i took the bike to my lbs and they tell me that my stanchions is loose:madman:. this was three weeks ago they told me it would be back by mid jan. today when i went in to my lbs they told that fox is not opening back up agian till the 8th and on top of the they said i could be another three weeks :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

so why does fox take this long for to repair forks :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :madmax: :madmax: :madmax: :madmax: :madmax:

· Registered
12 Posts
Yeah whatever, you start yelling that you have something broken and expect a decent company to send you a replacement without any guarantee of you returning the malfunctioning one? Paying for shipping? Ofcourse you have to pay the shipping over there for the same reason that they want to see the other shock! Why pay for shipping if you don't know if the product is actually broken..... Doesnt your LBS or LWS take care of this?

and em King Gull on more comment, the bottles have problems with your spelling, it says bolttle!

· Registered
1,744 Posts
blah blah blah

It is a fork dude, they are not going to send you a new one to replace yours and they probably have a pile of forks that need to be serviced at the moment. Many people send their forks back during the winter months not because they are broken but for new seals and oil.

· Registered
26 Posts
if you are working for a reputive bike shop and you get a bad fork out of the box, the bike shop should be responsible for paying shipping wate weeks for it to return? sounds bogus to me, ive dealt with many warantees with all the major companys and i think fox is by far the worst.

· Registered
12 Posts
That doesnt sound positive at all. Strange situation I think.

The thing is I have never seen any problems with fox yet. Im sure Ive handled over 60 off em to the mechanics and they were all perfect. Never seen one back actually! I have one myself because I think Fox does the best job, just looks whats inside of your fork! I know a lot off people thinking exactly the same! I live in Europe and things are setup different here with Sabma in Belgium doing the service for the Netherlands. Nothing wrong here if you ask me.

Well I hope things will go better in the future then when u are dealing with Fox! And once its good, it's a Fox! Don't forget that!

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont get me wrong i love my 40 and i would never trade it for any other dh fork. in fact i run fox on all my bikes and love it. but all i am saying is the i wish thier cs was a little better. campered to marazochi . i used to run a 888 and i had a problem with it and within a week it was back and better than new

so all im saying is that i wish thier turn around times where a little faster

· Registered
3,296 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
they take long because they don't care
You are a fycking moron. You are not sponsored by Zocchi, Intense, Go-ride, Azonic, or anyone else. Quit pretending you are.

Fox only has a handfull of people working there. This is why it takes them a while to get stuff back sometimes.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
adamantane said:
i can see your argument, very clearly when considering how much that fork cost you...i don't ride anything fox
you are retarded, end of statement.

Reasons why it is taking a long time:
1. Clearly the folks at fox have taken a week off to spend time with family and other things. They are people too. Better now than in June or July right?
2. Paying $1,000+ for a fork does not mean you get exclusive service, thousands others did the same thing. Do you get served faster at Burger King because you are buying a meal not just a $1 cheeseburger?
3. There is a limited number of CS people at fox to take phone calls.

Quit being a ***** and suck it up

· Registered
4,341 Posts
they do it to piss off spoiled fat little impatient kids that cant live with out their nintendo wii or fox 40's.

Go freeze yourself, it'll pass the time.

· Glad to Be Alive
42,878 Posts
zachdank said:
You are a fycking moron. You are not sponsored by Zocchi, Intense, Go-ride, Azonic, or anyone else. Quit pretending you are.

Fox only has a handfull of people working there. This is why it takes them a while to get stuff back sometimes.
show me one post that I ever said I was sponsored by anyone.....next

they had my leaky Vanilla R for a month and a half:nono:

· Pain is a way of life
148 Posts
Like said above. They have a minimal staff and sell huge numbers, so they probably are a little back logged. Plus when I called recently they where on inventory. This is the business of bikes. Things take time and many of the companies are small. Let them do what they do and live with it. If not buy another brand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.