Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Marzocchi z1 coil has a sealed sealhead to increase bottom out resistance. Friction is extremely minimal. I think vorsprung said their system allows them to use a longer spring though, with less fatigue? i vaguely remember something like that in pinkbike comments lol
Anyone have some time on the new Z1 coil? I’ve tried to find more info on it as I’m considering one on my ripmo AF. Found a few reviews and really the only negative people have is the added weight and limited spring selection

·
Registered
Banshee Titan, Ragley Bluepig
247 Posts
Anyone have some time on the new Z1 coil? I’ve tried to find more info on it as I’m considering one on my ripmo AF. Found a few reviews and really the only negative people have is the added weight and limited spring selection
i have one! what do you want to know?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have one! what do you want to know?
What has you experience been with it? How much you weigh and what spring your running? What fork where you running before and how the Z1 compare? Do you notice the extra weight out front? Does it ramp up ok with the sealed piston? Why did you buy it? Would you purchase it again? Thanks!

·
Registered
Banshee Titan, Ragley Bluepig
247 Posts
What has you experience been with it? How much you weigh and what spring your running? What fork where you running before and how the Z1 compare? Do you notice the extra weight out front? Does it ramp up ok with the sealed piston? Why did you buy it? Would you purchase it again? Thanks!
I am running it on a long travel 160mm hardtail. I weigh 80KG and am running the green firm spring. I ran the z1 as an air fork for about a year, then converted it to coil. I was blown away both by how much plusher it is and also how it stands tall in its travel at the same time. I really would not go back to z1 air. It just sucks up rock gardens now.

I don't hit big jumps, but even overshooting a 10ft double to flat the bottom out isn't harsh. Since the fork is plusher feeling i can run the compression a lot more closed, where previously anything but nearly open felt crap. Extra damping helps stop blowing through travel. I think i could maybe do with adding a compression shim, will give it a go. I think my bushings could do with a burnish to make it even plusher

I really don't notice the extra weight out front. For me it's definitely worth the extra weight. I would definitely convert to coil again. I bought it cause coil is #1 haha

Added bonus is no dicking around with shock pumps and altitude changes, and no wondering "has my suspension lost air...?"

61 - 66 of 66 Posts