Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it to use more the travel? I happen to like the design but somtimes I miss that progressive feel when coming off small drop.

Are there any air shocks made that can counter this design and make the travel more progressive?

·
Registered
21 Posts
edge said:
Is it to use more the travel? I happen to like the design but somtimes I miss that progressive feel when coming off small drop.

Are there any air shocks made that can counter this design and make the travel more progressive?
You could try the 4 way swinger. The piggy back has a SPV volume adjustment where you turn it in and it gives a more progressive feel :) or ramp up.

Good riding to you

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
edge said:

My understanding, is that it has a climbing rate in the first part of travel to make it resistive to activation, thus assisting in the creation of a platform, then a falling rate in order to create a plushness throughout the travel once you are into it. Call me crazy, I love it=:)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Air shocks

Air shocks are progressive so as the air is compacted in the chamber the shock gets stiffer so they use a falling rate to give a more linier feel. If you want it to be more progressive you could try a shock with a smaller air chamber, or as was stated previously use a 5th element air or a Manitou 4 way air; in these shocks you can adjust the ramping effect making them more progressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.