Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
1. When I was looking to purchase, PricePoint was offering the 2014 models for 50% off. (Still some left over there on clearance, BTW.)

2. The Flightline Carbon 29 Comp was nicely equipped for what I was considering a starter MTB.

3. I'm a BMXer from the late-'70s at heart and identify with the brand. I've always admired Bob's riding skills, artwork (<--avatar :cool:) and bicycle designs. I know he sold Haro Bike Co. in 1993 but to me, it's still a cool brand.

After living with my choice for a couple months now, I have zero regrets. It's all good! I feel like I got a lot of bike for real fair money. :thumbsup:

weblrg.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haro X1 (same as X6) - cheaper than Santa yet reliable :)

My X1 is 11 years old now but I'm still enjoyin' it. The frame allows to "tune" the bike in quite a cool way so the geometry is not that outdated as in Santa's Bullit! I'm gonna put some photos of my upgraded Haro so you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I grew up riding/racing my Group 1 all over Northern NJ, so when I graduated to MTN bikes it was a natural fit. I've loved Haros since the Mike King days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best deal I could find

I wanted a Niner One 9 with a 1x11 component group. Most of my local LBSs stopped selling Niner because they "could not compete with Price Point". I could not find one to test ride... So I decided to find a similar geometry bike to make sure the fit would be good then buy my Niner from Price Point. That research lead me to Haro FLC Pro 2015. The geometry for the Haro 17.5 was almost identical to the Niner One 9 small. Then I realized that the Haro came with a better component group (SRAM X01) than the Niner (SRAM X1) and the Haro was less expensive. I could not justify the Niner so I bought the Haro. I absolutely love it. It came in at 21.8 pounds before pedals. It is quick and fun ride. I only have 300 miles on it but I could not feel better about my decision.

Haro FLC Pro 2015.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts