Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually really want some XT cranks with the octalink BB. I run a 1x9 and already have 36 and 38T chainrings. Why the heck dosent anyone sell just the cranks? Maybe I just have to get the Truvativ hussefelt/howitzer combo that comes with the 38T ring. :confused:

·
Registered
445 Posts
buy the set and then sell the rings. Plenty of people need replacement middles and grannies. can buy just arms in Japanese bike shops, but cheaper to buy as a set anyway.

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
calvus said:
I actually really want some XT cranks with the octalink BB. I run a 1x9 and already have 36 and 38T chainrings. Why the heck dosent anyone sell just the cranks? Maybe I just have to get the Truvativ hussefelt/howitzer combo that comes with the 38T ring. :confused:
because there's little market for just cranks. by bundling cranks and rings, the buyer feels they are getting a better bargain since rings cost way more than they should. when you need to buy rings, for just a few dollars more you could buy a whole new crankset with rings!

if you want to buy just cranks, talk to a local shop and order the arms as spares. they're available as spares, but nobody advertises or stocks rings only. any distributor can get them for your shop though.

YR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.