Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
well mannered lout
3,332 Posts
The short answer...because outside of the velodrome strength/ weight ratios take over pretty quick.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
12,641 Posts
nah, thank you. I was asking this, cause I was wondering if there is healthy natural way to not be tooth pick. I rather be tooth pick then fat. But it is still quite interesting, I don't see people with ''regular'' man weight on bicycles. Actually I have 5kg extra right now...
Where do you ride at? Myself and a few in my riding group all have regular dad bods.

My calves are all muscle, but I have a belly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where do you ride at? Myself and a few in my riding group all have regular dad bods.

My calves are all muscle, but I have a belly.
I was riding on a street a lot when I was younger. My max distance was 250km in one day. But I do remember I had legs which were quite nice, but upper body was ''thin''.

Now I ride at ''mountain'' which is like 10 minutes from me. But I started like few weeks ago. I didn't ride for 20 years. But I do expect, I will lose those 5kg which are extra and I expect I will slowly become tooth pick lol

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
What is "man weight"? Is that something from like the movie 300 or something?

Power to weight ratio is a big deal in cycling. Even on an MTB, you don't need a huge amount of upper body strength to get along well. I was in my best upper body shape when I was doing triathlon since I was doing a lot of swimming. But hardly a body for a WWF match.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Horses for courses...a 150lb person is not going to carry a heavy ass one piece potty up 3 stories and then bring the old heavy ass potty down 3 stories every day. But a wide strong ass 220lb person the same height will not win many bike races.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.