Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still trying to decide what to go with with my new wheel set. I can not overlook stans ztr freeride/dh rim. The concept seems so good and they claim to be freeride rims at a lightweight 545 grams or so. It seems like there is more pros than cons with the ztr freeride rims, why isn't everyone and their mom buying the rims. I could have stronger rims than the 819's, run tubless or regular tires with or without tubes. Whats the problem?

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Third thing : Quality control. I'll stick to Sun, Vuelta and Mavic thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
DeeEight said:
I'll have to second that after my experiance with Stan's Valves. The sealant could the best ever...but I'll pass on the rest. :rolleyes:

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
DeeEight said:
So what are you going to do now that Sun is manufacturing rims for Stan?

By the way, the $95 includes the rim strip if it helps at all and if you go through your LBS or one of the stocking builders you may get a better deal.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
I've got 2 races so far on Olympic rims with Supercomps, alum nips, WTB Lazerlites(1443gms total). So far so good. The rear was bent in a high speed pileup at the first races start(I managed to finish decent tho), and was thought to be fried. My team sponsor LBS(the Bike Shop in Acworth Ga) and owner tweaked it back to life(he made me "look away" a few times as he did the deed) as hes done it before for me. Using std race tires, no strips, plus one scoop. I used the supplied rimstrips on some VXC rims, which I'm all giddy about. I'm sold.

Also use his old style alum rotor up front(140mm steel rear).

Olympic setup and Stans rotor. Rotor has been in service(race only) since early 03.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.