Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
L U K I N said:
Seems the GF Superfly's are flying off the shop floors. I've seen a few on eBay; this one looks tight. Any thoughts? There's only one XL currently listed, that's insane for eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260253425388[/QUOTE

That is overpriced. My buddy bought his new for that price and he gets the lifetime warranty. Gf does not allow Internet sales on new bikes and I think that helps resale value. The superfly is a sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'd be a bit leary of purchasing a carbon bike (or any other for that matter) sight unseen from someone I don't know.

I'd also want the new bike warranty. Without it I'd be thinking sever discount off list price.

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
I'd go $2400-$2500 and have the guy throw in the warranty and the shipping if you won the auction. If a new car loses 10%-15% of its value by driving off the dealer lot, well then so can a bike, more so for a now-used bike with 75 miles on it. Someone would be crazy to pay that "Buy it Now" price.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ziggurat22 said:
I'd go $2400-$2500 and have the guy throw in the warranty and the shipping if you won the auction. If a new car loses 10%-15% of its value by driving off the dealer lot, well then so can a bike, more so for a now-used bike with 75 miles on it. Someone would be crazy to pay that "Buy it Now" price.
Prices are increasing for 2009, he may get what he is asking for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.