Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats up with Jamis?? I am hearing all this trouble with the XLT, Kona and GF and other bikes competing with the Dakar, but oh well the Dakar still rocks...Does Jamis have anything in teh works for '05 which is [email protected]?? I am looking forward to their next design run very badly because I'm lining up to get a bike from them...Maybe the next Dakar XC Pro...

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
It's a sampling error...

bluronthetrails said:
Hey guys, whats up with Jamis?? I am hearing all this trouble with the XLT, Kona and GF and other bikes competing with the Dakar, but oh well the Dakar still rocks...Does Jamis have anything in teh works for '05 which is [email protected]?? I am looking forward to their next design run very badly because I'm lining up to get a bike from them...Maybe the next Dakar XC Pro...

I think Jamis has been cranking out great bikes for years. The Dakar series is very long lived and has done well. Their first venture into a long travel trail bike was just not their best effort. Maybe underestimated the actual abuse of a 5 inch travel bike. But once you earn a bad rap, any SINGLE event there after becomes magnified. So overall, I think the new XLT's have solved the chainstay problem. The new replacement stays for 03's seem better too. Keep the faith. I'm keeping my XLT.

By the way, where do you ride in Baltimore? I see you go to UMBC. I'm trying to find other trails. I currently ride Avalon, Shaffer farms and Gambril. Not too hot about Loch Raven.

REEK

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man

Reek said:
I think Jamis has been cranking out great bikes for years. The Dakar series is very long lived and has done well. Their first venture into a long travel trail bike was just not their best effort. Maybe underestimated the actual abuse of a 5 inch travel bike. But once you earn a bad rap, any SINGLE event there after becomes magnified. So overall, I think the new XLT's have solved the chainstay problem. The new replacement stays for 03's seem better too. Keep the faith. I'm keeping my XLT.

By the way, where do you ride in Baltimore? I see you go to UMBC. I'm trying to find other trails. I currently ride Avalon, Shaffer farms and Gambril. Not too hot about Loch Raven.

REEK
Thanks for the update...as long as they fixed the rear chainstay prob on the XLTs...my bike is currently out of commision since I broke my rear axle....Still looking for a nice rear wheelset or an entire wheelset and I'm thinking of the Ritchey Z Pro system...heavy but durable as hell, and I'm 200 lbs...anyway, I ride at Triadelphia Mill on the unofficial trails there and soon as my bike is back in business, I'll be riding a lot at Avalon and most of 'tapsco...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts