Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun I decided to see if my 26in stans strips would work with the 29s, after a few minutes at the compressor the bead took and seems to be holdin up fine. Havent had it offroad yet or below 45psi yet, but well see what happens... I just am too cheap to buy the 29 strips if I dont have too, anyone else had succes with this route?

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,774 Posts
Narrowed down 26" stan's strips...

gunsworth said:
Just for fun I decided to see if my 26in stans strips would work with the 29s, after a few minutes at the compressor the bead took and seems to be holdin up fine. Havent had it offroad yet or below 45psi yet, but well see what happens... I just am too cheap to buy the 29 strips if I dont have too, anyone else had succes with this route?
I cut my old 26" rim strips to make them narrower, so they would fit in the bed of the IRD Cadence rim I use. I have the Ignitor on front running at 30 psi (two different pump gauges seem to agree) and the rear wire-beaded Nano at 35 psi. No booming, no burping, no flats...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.