Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's running 160 up front on a Wrecker V3? Evil suggest that setup as a more trail oriented build but I see few built like that.
Torn between Wrecker and Offering, wonder if the shorter fork might make the Wreckoning easier to live with for trail riding, but have more in reserve for bigger terrain.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've considered them both a lot and it's a very close run thing about what is best for me, I think it comes down to the nuances of setup as to what works best.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't think that 10 mm of travel and a slight change in headtube angle will make a significant difference in your everyday trail riding. I'd get the Wreckoning if you have beastly trails and/or do a lot of bike parks. If those don't apply, then I would look at the Offering and Following (I am a short-travel 29er fanboy).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Doug, I had the V1 Wreckoning in XL size and I never felt I could get it up to the speeds it likes on the tight steep trails of the Tweed Valley. It was a really good bike on faster rocky terrain like Fort William so if you are regularly riding rough stuff at speed the Wreckoning would be a great choice. I replaced it with the V1 Offering which I prefer for local riding. I don't have any experience of the newest models though. Evil were supposed to be at Tweedlove with their demo fleet this year but Covid stopped that - one of their guys told to me that they will hopefully be there next year if you can wait that long!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Doug, I had the V1 Wreckoning in XL size and I never felt I could get it up to the speeds it likes on the tight steep trails of the Tweed Valley. It was a really good bike on faster rocky terrain like Fort William so if you are regularly riding rough stuff at speed the Wreckoning would be a great choice. I replaced it with the V1 Offering which I prefer for local riding. I don't have any experience of the newest models though. Evil were supposed to be at Tweedlove with their demo fleet this year but Covid stopped that - one of their guys told to me that they will hopefully be there next year if you can wait that long!
Thanks Nel! I did remember there was a Valley local lurking on here who had good insights into the bikes but couldn't find it, appreciate it!

I can certainly hold off until Tweedlove to demo them next year, but given current supply chains that may mean waiting until 2022 for a bike, and I can't wait that long!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Actually scrap that, Tweedlove is September next year so no way I'm waiting that long!
No problems...I didn't realise Tweedlove had been postponed for quite so long! Bike and Spanner in Edinburgh have a Large Wreckoning V3 built up in their shop just now. I think they also have a large V1 Offering as a demo. Have a look at their instagram - they have some details on there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I’ve got a 160 Lyrik on my Offering at the moment, will have my Wreckoning built up at some point in January with the same fork at 160 so will be able to give you back to back comparisons.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Definitely keeping an eye on this thread. Offering vs Wreckoning is a constant debate in my head. The demos getting shut down due to covid makes bike selection so difficult.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts