Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you going? I'm kinda digg'in Nisene Marks these days so Aptos Creek Road it is.

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Blue Sky trail from Horsetooth reservoir to The devils Backbone and back. A nice rain today is going to make for mega traction tomorrow. :)

Jeff

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
ill be going to my regular trail(George Mitchell nature preserve) if not a ride around town, i scoped out my regular trail two days ago and found many downed trees

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,607 Posts
I'll be kickin'' ass on Larison Creek Trail.

Thankfully many miles from the Nuck/Alex brouhaha.

--Sparty

·
3,707 Posts
I'm hitting up Corner Canyon.

Don't worry about Alex/chorris---the forbidden love always starts out with a quarreling session---right before they roll down a grassy knoll embraced in passion.

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
p nut said:

Don't worry about Alex/chorris---the forbidden love always starts out with a quarreling session---right before they roll down a grassy knoll embraced in passion.
hahaha, you're right. i think if i ever met him in person (which is very likely, because we live so close), we'd get along great. :D

nuck_chorris, i'm really not that much of an a-hole in person... ok actually, i am, but i'm at least a little bit more tolerable than online. ;)

·
Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
2,419 Posts
alexrex20 said:
hahaha, you're right. i think if i ever met him in person (which is very likely, because we live so close), we'd get along great. :D

nuck_chorris, i'm really not that much of an a-hole in person... ok actually, i am, but i'm at least a little bit more tolerable than online. ;)
just be careful, i hear he has no chin under his beard, only another first.

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
p nut said:

uhh that is not really desired, anyways it would be nice to get to know more people in my area because i want to go ride something else besides this rooty hell hole. alex you just had to make it that much more difficult:rolleyes:

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
we should ride cypresswood proper tomorrow morning. it's not that far from you.

did you ride flintridge today? how wet was it?

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
alexrex20 said:
we should ride cypresswood proper tomorrow morning. it's not that far from you.

did you ride flintridge today? how wet was it?
I havent gone today, I go in the afternoon around 5ish , i rode it 2 days ago and there are a couple massive downed trees in the middle of the trail which i had to go around, the bike trails themselves were not very wet, the main trail and the lake were bad but they should be good now. i fell into the lake trying to cross last time.

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
i used to take my dog swimming in that pond, until i saw a 4ft water moccasin chilling at the shoreline. be careful lol

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
alexrex20 said:
i used to take my dog swimming in that pond, until i saw a 4ft water moccasin chilling at the shoreline. be careful lol
i didn't purposely fall, i was trying to cross with a DIY bridge made out of branches. I found a dead turtle in that water with the head stuck into the bottom floor:eekster:

sure ill ride tomorrow , but how early did you want to ride?

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it was a good ride punctuated by a funny/bizarre incident. Once I made it to the top of the wall (a mile past Sand Point), I was a little light headed and was moving very slowly. Suddenly I heard what I thought was a rattlesnake. The truth is it's too cold there for rattlesnakes, but I wasn't thinking well at the time. I used to live in the desert and ran across rattlesnakes on a regular basis, so I know what they sound like (they don't rattle, they buzz). So there I was gasping for air, looking around for a damn snake. Well of course it wasn't a rattlesnake; my front tire picked a leaf that caught in my shock brace and the side knobs of my tire was rubbing on the edge of the leaf, making the sound I heard. After 25 years as a cop, I usually don't get fearful until I think about things later, instead I think tactics. This time in retrospect I just laughed at myself; what a maroon. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts