Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is a lil chilly.

I'm a bit screwed since I'm committed to a big ride today. 4 hours in the shade and protected valleys. Nice.

I'll just have to walk it out

fc
<o bject="" width="425" height="350">

<e mbed="" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCep9zmBQYM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
<o bject="" width="425" height="350">

<e mbed="" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCep9zmBQYM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></e></o></e></o>

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
seeing as i am from the other coast, its warm right now. once you get moving, its not that bad. its getting started that sucks, but after 15 min or so, i begin to warm up. i prefer to start out cold rather than carrying a bunch of clothes i wore up until the first climb. i'll probably get out for little spin today. this is my first winter since having some hardware installed in my femur and it has been giving me troubles the past 2 days. im guess from the change in the weather. enjoy...

·
Outrageously happy
71 Posts
I'm off to Wilder for a morning ride. Picking up building supplies on the way back. Two for one! I look like I'm working, and I get in a great little ride. The key is layers.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
I'm finally back on the bike, but since it gets dark early still and I work saturdays, my riding time is only my commute to/from work. Now that I moved its about a 12 mile round trip, which is if I go the quick way. I normally have fun on the ride home and do some laps climbing a hill to get some hill climbing muscle building, and for the workout. Doing that my ride ends up being about a 15-17 miler.

And it was COOOOLLLLDDD yesterday morning :)

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Layer up...stuff the gloves and booties with chemical heaters...don my Hannibal Lector face mask and I'm good to go.

·
Poison Oak Finder
76 Posts
Riding Olmstead tomorrow morning.

Overnight low = 20F
High for Saturday = 47F

I'm thinking I'll be lucky if it's 40F at 11AM. :(

But it beats sitting at home on my butt.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
ST at 8:30 tomorrow....you do the math!

8am Sunny
Temp FeelsLike Precip DewPt Humid Wind
30°F 27°F 10% 13°F 41% From NNE 3 mph

9am Sunny
Temp FeelsLike Precip DewPt Humid Wind
34°F 32°F 10% 12°F 40% From NNE 3 mph

It's gonna be cold!!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
780 Posts
OMG rode to the top of Tam and froze my A$$ off yest...

It wasn't so bad on the climb up but when I hit the top the sun dropped and the wind must have been blowing 60mph. The temp dropped about 20 degrees and I couldn't feel my feet anymore. On the way down I stopped at the West Point Inn and they let me run my hands under warm water to get feeling back in..... When I finally made it back to the car it was pitch black dark and I sat with the heater on 85 deg until I could feel my feet again....:smallviolin: :cryin: :yikes:

I'm THINKING of getting some booties !!! :thumbsup:

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Not me, I' heading over to Chico State in a bit for my usual cold weather workout: running bleachers and stairs. Those suckers will whip a pump on your quads.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Was out in the Marin Headlands this morning about 7:15 before work. Clear outside with some clouds and gorgeous views along the coast, but of course the cold. I really did not expect the winds to be so high, they were coming off the crest of Gebrode Valley like a sumofabeetch!

Happy we are riding tomorrow at Tamarancho at Noon instead of 9 am to beat the cold and enjoy some hoppy brews.

·
It's always greener
290 Posts
I got my trial by fire this Thanksgiving by riding 3 days in light snowfall in the sweet singletrack around Bend, OR. I just put all my layers on...armwarmers, wool baselayer, long sleeve jersey, and a windproof vest........plus, knee warmers and leg warmers, and top it off with a hat, thick gloves, and booties.

It's really never been that bad...just when climbing to skyline, it's important not to overheat, sweat, then freeze at the next regroup...I'm finding it harder not to overheat..

Get out there, you'll thank yourself come April.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.