Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
I’m more interested in who’s got a mullet riding around on them, bonus points for a mullet cruising on a mullet.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
How many points for a mullet with a stache riding a mullet?
Most certainly a respectable number of points would be rewarded for such a spectacle if it were to exist somewhere out in the wild. Additional points if said stached mullet riding a mullet were eating a fillet of mullet. This would with a doubt be awarded the greatest number of incredibly sought after meaningless points!

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Most certainly a respectable number of points would be rewarded for such a spectacle if it were to exist somewhere out in the wild. Additional points if said stached mullet riding a mullet were eating a fillet of mullet. This would with a doubt be awarded the greatest number of incredibly sought after meaningless points!
Points can be redeemed for MTBR socks.....right?

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
Points can be redeemed for MTBR socks.....right?
Correct, I am told the MTBR sock exchange is now accepting these points. Points can ONLY BE redeemed for socks listed in the "crusty" and "questionable provenance" categories of the mtbr sock exchange.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I think he was thinking w/ strictly the business end of his mullet in that post... party side coming soon?
Huh?
The newly coined term "mullet" in the bike world means 29" front wheel, 27.5 rear. (Disclaimer, I'm not sure if this was a term used in the 26/24" era).

29" is business because it is fast and smashes through round terrain.
27.5" is playful and fun.

To me, I was not a good gauge on this combo because before that day, I have never ridden a Bronson before. So everything felt new. It wasn't bad, but I thought the front end didn't hold traction very well and wanted to push wide. My friend rode it the next day (who owned this Bronson) and said it felt really good and he didn't have any issues with the front end.

·
inebriate savant
207 Posts
This idea was so much cooler when they were called 69ers. Trek even actually made a factory one, and it was an oddball: 26er rear, 29er front, singlespeed, with a Maverick DUC 32!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
I have it on a couple bikes. Love it for heavy bikes since it speeds up the rear, making it a little more agile with a 27.5 rear wheel. 29er front is better for rolling and plowing through rough stuff.

Cool to have a lot of tire options now. I use a 2.6 tire in the rear or 2.8 27.5.

I think the bike has be made for it to get the best results. The chainstays are best short, 27.5 optimized and not long. When bikes are converted, it slackens the seat angle so that's often not ideal.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
Huh?
The newly coined term "mullet" in the bike world means 29" front wheel, 27.5 rear. (Disclaimer, I'm not sure if this was a term used in the 26/24" era).

29" is business because it is fast and smashes through round terrain.
27.5" is playful and fun.

To me, I was not a good gauge on this combo because before that day, I have never ridden a Bronson before. So everything felt new. It wasn't bad, but I thought the front end didn't hold traction very well and wanted to push wide. My friend rode it the next day (who owned this Bronson) and said it felt really good and he didn't have any issues with the front end.
Lol I'm aware, I was drawing upon the imagery of the hair variety of mullet to characterize the nature of your post-all business.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.