Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lungs, Legs, Luck
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of discussion about Nomad vs. LT2, but I haven't seen much about comparisons between the LT1 and the LT2. Anyone gone directly from LT1 to LT2? What are your impressions?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I made that trade in July and what I note in BLT2 is that sloping top tube that give more cofidence at technical terrain. The VPP works better pedalling, climbing and descending, more neutral and almost no pedal feadback, high tech pivots system and low maintenace so far. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Heavier, stronger, stiffer, less supple, quiet. Doesn't overtravel and swallow square edge hits like the old one- which i did like.
For me, the bike needs a 67 degree HA with a 140 Vanilla and i would love it. As it is, i need to run a 36 fork to slack it out and as the new Nomad is only 1/2lb heavier, you might as well get that instead, which is what is happening with some people.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Go for it!!

Hi there c4b!
I went from XL LT1 to XL LT2 in early may. never looked back besides the colour (loved that orange ano).
As others stated: more confidence from more standover space, stiffer rear, more playful and less screaming for a coil shock - ie better behaviour in the middle of the stroke. Plus a lot better in the granny compared to LT1 and Nomad1. Little less of that helpfull 'trapdoor' the LT1 had on the big, square obstacles as AMCH mentioned. Maintaince free for me but I don't wash my ano bikes - I wait till they are dried and brush them. Still - I had terrible service with the LT1.
And the rear tire clearance - no V-brake-origin arch collecting all the mud.
Alltogether a very big step forward but sort of pushes you to push it further and - again as AMCH said - might be a step towards the new Nomad. I am on that train with mine. Already running a coil shock and preparing for the (delayed:( ) nomad

·
Lungs, Legs, Luck
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
krolik said:
Hi there c4b!
I went from XL LT1 to XL LT2 in early may. never looked back besides the colour (loved that orange ano).
As others stated: more confidence from more standover space, stiffer rear, more playful and less screaming for a coil shock - ie better behaviour in the middle of the stroke. Plus a lot better in the granny compared to LT1 and Nomad1. Little less of that helpfull 'trapdoor' the LT1 had on the big, square obstacles as AMCH mentioned. Maintaince free for me but I don't wash my ano bikes - I wait till they are dried and brush them. Still - I had terrible service with the LT1.
And the rear tire clearance - no V-brake-origin arch collecting all the mud.
Alltogether a very big step forward but sort of pushes you to push it further and - again as AMCH said - might be a step towards the new Nomad. I am on that train with mine. Already running a coil shock and preparing for the (delayed:( ) nomad
Hey, Krolik! Thanks for this write up. I REALLY like my LT1, as it makes me a hero on the descents. I tell ya, I feel fearless on this bike. I never bunny hop over obstacles; rather, I just plow over them, like their part of the soil. That's how I ride. 9" log over the trail? No problem--just mow into it!

Someday, I'd like to build my "dream bike", and I'm wondering, perhaps like you, if it isn't the Nomad2. Sure, I can be lured into trying to best my best climb, but, like with guitar shredders (yeah, I play a little bit), there's always somebody who's gonna smoke you! To me, I LIVE for techy descents--ones that would scare the crap out of the average hardtail rider. Maybe a mid-build Nomad is in my future? Oh, but the single track . . .

·
Lungs, Legs, Luck
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
krolik said:
One more thing if you can read polish:) :
http://emtb.pl/blur_lt1_vs_lt2.html

I haven't updated it for a while though.
That's pretty cool! I have a Master's Degree in English, but I only know stuff like nozdrovia and dobra zemjla, neither of which is Polish. However, they are associated with good spirits and good wine :thumbsup:

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Hehe:)
Neither of the above is polish indeed but nice to know our brothers russians are doing the important work of teaching other nations the benefits of heavier beverage too:)
Looking at the numbers and pics the Nomad2 looks a lot more like the LT2 than the original Nomad in terms of the rear susp design. Which is what I am counting on.The LT2 is way better climber than the LT1 imo, at least in my XL sizes. It doesn't collapse that much and holds the given sag better.
It is a nice bike indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.