Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Rasmuusen @ 25-1. I hope he's clean and that he went to therapy in the off season. Tom Boonen still riding? I'll put money on him too.
Dirty cheating bastards are wrecking a seemingly pure sport. You fail. You fired.
I race Sport and even I could be tempted by a performance boost, the big money boys are going to go for the juice unless they figure they will be caught for sure. How come they are not getting caught for sure?

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
4212darren said:
I like Rasmuusen @ 25-1. I hope he's clean and that he went to therapy in the off season. Tom Boonen still riding? I'll put money on him too.
Dirty cheating bastards are wrecking a seemingly pure sport. You fail. You fired.
I race Sport and even I could be tempted by a performance boost, the big money boys are going to go for the juice unless they figure they will be caught for sure. How come they are not getting caught for sure?
What color is the sky on your planet? Boonen isn't even a GC rider, he'll lose 2 hours if he finishes at all. Rasmussen can't TT and there is over 100k of TTing.

Players;

Landis
Valverde
Popovych
Evans
Karpets
Leipheimer
Kloden

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cadel Evans

Rasmussen would have to post a sick time on either stage 11,15,16. with the big boys out i think you have to go with Cadel Evans. He doesn't have a great team but he is decent at the TT and a good climber. Then there is Discovery with Tmoblie and CSC in schambles they have a good chace with any of there four riders. What is with Floyd misssing his start this morning!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
have to put Mr. Hincapie on the short list too..........

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
cyclebluecat said:
I was just going to add that I'd like to see Hincapie win it, but I'm just not sure if it's possible. Not sure if he's got it in him. We'll see though. Would be cool if he pulled it off.

·
ICORR - FORC
269 Posts
I like Georgie too, think he's going to surprise his detractors and make the podium, not sure about the win. I'll follow this year, like every year, but am very discouraged by the cheaters (who sucketh) and by the apparent inability of the UCI/WADA/Anybody to police this sport effectively. I don't know who to believe anymore. I just love the bike; the riders, well, I'm kinda unsure of...

ps. Floyd had to make a last second wheel change before the Prologue, good recovery.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
cyclebluecat said:
Ain't gonna happen. He'll lose a large chunk of time on one of the mountain stages. Popovych and Azevedo are more likely to do well as they are proven Grand Tour riders. George just doesn't have the experience of riding a 3 week race as a contender.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh, that's why Floyd was late to the starting gate. He's still in great shape though. Going to be a fun TDF. Americans looking real strong, and Valverde can do it all. Who will be most aggressive up the first climb next Saturday (I Think?). Lot's of spirited battles coming up.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
It's wide open now. I bet there's some very angry sponsers. Can you imagine spending the big $ and having your top rider go down in flames?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Predictions

What color is the sky on your planet?

Mine is Red White and Blue!
Watch for an all American Podium! Then we will see how much the French really love us.

Craig

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
mtbcraig said:
What color is the sky on your planet?

Mine is Red White and Blue!
Watch for an all American Podium! Then we will see how much the French really love us.

Craig
You know that the French flag is red, white and blue also, right. FWIW, I've spent some time in France and most French have no problems with Americans. In the big cities you'll find jerks but that's true of most big cities. I have randomly been invited to Lunch with a French family on the side of the road in the Alps, so, as much as people want to perpetuate the French peoples dislike of America my first hand experience is different.

EDIT; Funny observation, while in France I had more problems with hating Canadians than anybody. On three seperate occasions I had Canadians give me a ration of sh*t when they found out I was American, it was surreal.

Podium;
1. Landis
2. Evans
3. Popovych

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
lebikerboy said:
That's probably because Canadians take exception to Americans who dis us because we wouldn't participate in the illegitimate war in Iraq.
Um, considering that this was before the (current) Iraq war, during the later part of the Clinton Administration I'm gonna have to say no. It also happened 18 years ago when I was in Puerta Vallarta, kicking back drinking beers in a bar the next thing I know some Uni student is reading me the riot act about what's wrong with the United States, I just laughed at him.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Rivet said:
Um, considering that this was before the (current) Iraq war, during the later part of the Clinton Administration I'm gonna have to say no. It also happened 18 years ago when I was in Puerta Vallarta, kicking back drinking beers in a bar the next thing I know some Uni student is reading me the riot act about what's wrong with the United States, I just laughed at him.
Interesting, in your previous message you say while in France now it's Mexico.
Are you sure it occured at all?

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
lebikerboy said:
Interesting, in your previous message you say while in France now it's Mexico.
Are you sure it occured at all?
Re-read my post. "It also" means in addition to. Reading comprehension is a tough one, I know.

Edit; And for the record, I do not dislike someone simply because of there country of origin and would never presume that person represents their government or it's ideaology when I meet them. Maybe that's what I find so amusing about these situations. I travel to have a good time and meet new people, not berate someone I don't even know over something their country of origins government may or may not have done. It's just interesting to me that in my case it always seems to be Canadians, maybe it's because were both English speakers?

·
Music & Bikes
1,653 Posts
4212darren said:
I like Rasmuusen @ 25-1. I hope he's clean and that he went to therapy in the off season......
Nobody is clean on that peloton , maybe 1 or 2 back riding guys.....
I laugh everytime I hear people say that Lance won 7 of 'em drinking clear water....:p

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Valverde is going to win this years tour de France. He can climb like a beast. Time trial in the top 5. He can also sprint for time. He is however on a weaker team.
A dark hourse winner could be Klodden with T-mobile. A very strong team, built for support of a GC contender (Ullrich)

As for the Americans.
I just don't think Floyd Landis or Levi have the right stuff. I would love to see Dave Z or Boby Julich win a TT.
I do really want to see George Hincapie finish well. I will be cheering and routing for GH.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.