Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if a lot of the general public has even heard about it, but the 2nd annual Handmade Bicycle Show (http://www.handmadebicycleshow.com)is going to be held in San Jose, CA on March 3-5. The Handmade show is the custom and boutique builder's version of Interbike and is a great chance to meet, greet, & drool over a lot of custom bikes. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been more custom and boutique builders in one place than what's planned for this show.

Lot's of your favorite builders will be displaying their best work. Here's a partial list of folks having bikes on display:

Rich Adams
Joseph Ahearne
Ahrens Bicycles/Mike Ahrens
Alpine Designs
Brian Baylis
Badger Cycles/Rob Penell
Calfee Design/Craig Calfee
Matt Chester
Columbine Cycles/John Murphy
Co-Motion Cycles
Crumpton Cycles/Nick Crumpton
Roland Della Santa
DeKerf Cycle Innovation
Mike DeSalvo
Vincent Dominguez
M. Feeney Cycles
Jenny Frayer
Bruce Gordon
Independent Fabrication
Christian Igleheart
Chris Kelly
Jonny Cycles/Jon Kendziera
Litespeed
Merlin
Mint Cycles
Mark Nobilette
Tom Oswald
Paduano Racing
Peacock Groove Cycles
Tony Pereira
Mauricio Rebolledo
Brent Ruegamer
Carl Strong
Dave Tiemeyer
Spectrum Cycles/Tom Kellogg
Patrick Cycles/Greg Gardner
Retrotec/Curtis Inglis
RexCycles/Steve Rex
Bill Rider
Rivendell
Richard Sachs
Rock Lobster/Paul Sadoff
Santana Tandems
Sadilah/Charles Schlesinger
Soulcraft
Strawberry/Andy Newlands
Bob Summersett
Jamie Swan
Sycip Design
Thursday Bicycles
Vanilla Bicycles/Sacha White
Vicious Cycles
Vulture Cycles
Don Walker
J. Peter Weigle
Waterford Precision

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
scheckler said:
this thread I expected this event to be far away from me but how wrong I am.... thanks for the info on this.
I was also suprised to see its actually close to me. Problem is... I don't think I can wait that long to get a new custom bike!!!

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VA2SLOride said:
Is the general public invited?
Yes, the Handmade Bike Show wants and encourages the public to attend!

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I Were Riding said:
I was also suprised to see its actually close to me. Problem is... I don't think I can wait that long to get a new custom bike!!!
OK, you didn't hear this from me, but what I'd do is order your frame from whomever you want and then tell them they can display it at the show and you'll pick it up there. Those frames are guaranteed to get some extra love. :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'm going to try

I'm in So Cal so it's not too far so I'll probably be there. The only problem is the wallet damage it'll cause. :D

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
DWF said:
OK, you didn't hear this from me, but what I'd do is order your frame from whomever you want and then tell them they can display it at the show and you'll pick it up there. Those frames are guaranteed to get some extra love. :)

That is exactly what a friend did last year. He ordered a Vanilla, and picked it up from Sacha after the Houston show.... And after an evening of billiards and cheep wine.

·
Go faster
321 Posts
The first show they had in Houston (last year) had about 1/4 of the builders that are on the list above. Looks like they are doing it right this time. Too bad it isn't in Houston again

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
i think it's cool to have it so close. i was bummed it was in houston last year. i see no reason i can't make it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts