Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife and I will be attending for the first time this year. We plan to be there Fri-Su and doing the MTB Tour on Saturday.
That is pretty sweet man!!!! It's the biggest US bike show now so lots of product. I don't think many Euros will fly over but most of the domestic companies should be there.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How most your conversions will go.

Me: Wow, that’s a cool “insert mountain bike component here”
Vendor: Thanks, you’d love it. Game changer.
Me: Where can I get one?
Vendor: Oh, they aren’t available until Fall 2022.
Me:
that's pretty good :)

Someone with a big bag of cash or Venmo may be able to take some stuff home Sunday PM.
Are they going back to spring next year?
For sure, yes. That should be a lot bigger international show.

·
Registered
911 Posts
That is pretty sweet man!!!! It's the biggest US bike show now so lots of product. I don't think many Euros will fly over but most of the domestic companies should be there.
Yep, I've looked through the vendor list/map. Having purchased my first Ibis earlier this year, I was a little bummed to see that they won't be in attendance. Especially considering how "local" they are to the event.

Someone with a big bag of cash or Venmo may be able to take some stuff home Sunday PM.
I've had a few friends advise me to stick around on Sunday with a pocket full of cash. ;)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I've looked through the vendor list/map. Having purchased my first Ibis earlier this year, I was a little bummed to see that they won't be in attendance. Especially considering how "local" they are to the event.

I've had a few friends advise me to stick around on Sunday with a pocket full of cash. ;)

No Ibis??? You have a link to the vendor list? I wonder how current/accurate it is.

fc

·
Registered
13 Posts

Yes. Unfortunately, with Covid a lot of companies will not be there. Canada is still shut down. But it’s always a fun event.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
-Word on the street is Vendors are dropping like flies. Who really wants to work 4 days and have to answer the same question over and over and over and over again?????
As far as next Spring goes, the Euros will be lucky to get their containers, fill them, ship them and have them off-loaded & delivered by next Sea Otter in Feb./Mar.

IBIS, Santa Cruz & Fox are among the big ones not coming I hear.

·
Autonomous
282 Posts
Yeah I’ll be there Thursday, early bird grabs the swag. Also, the vendors aren’t burned out yet. Gotta be a grind with 4 days of answering dumb questions (like mine), then not making a sale.
TBH I’m going in with $$ this year. Need lots of small stuff: grips, chain, BB maybe.
And socks. Always socks. .

·
Mtbr Founder
35,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
-Word on the street is Vendors are dropping like flies. Who really wants to work 4 days and have to answer the same question over and over and over and over again?????
As far as next Spring goes, the Euros will be lucky to get their containers, fill them, ship them and have them off-loaded & delivered by next Sea Otter in Feb./Mar.

IBIS, Santa Cruz & Fox are among the big ones not coming I hear.
I think the main issue is they have no product to sell.

It's a huge expense and time sink to attend and if a company truly has no inventory and a 6-month waiting list, it's a hard sell. And there's all that travel thing.

That being said, it's the huge connection of the bike industry and many are looking fort that face to face.

·
MTBR Member since 2001...
331 Posts
Not going, but I'll bet its a good place to buy a bike... chances are companies will want to sell stuff instead of packing it back home. You might not be able to buy components... but maybe a bike (maybe)

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Been on the fence, have a trial on Thursday, so probably exhausted Friday. Saturday is always a crowded mess.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.