Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To bolt one of these up to a Turner??

Evolver ISX-6

[*]Piggy-back reservoir with Intrinsic-Adjust damping system: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications [*]3-D forged and CNC machined: 40x49mm twin-tube air canister with a 12mm aluminum, internal damper shaft and MCU negative spring 6 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, Intrinsic pressure, No-Tools air volume/preload for bottom-out, and air-spring preload adjustability.

Swinger SFS X6

[*]Piggy-back reservoir with (SFS) shim-stack Intrinsic damping: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications [*]4 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, SFS air pressure, (no tool) SFS air volume/preload, and spring preload adjustability [*]Large oil capacity, low-pressure air assist, and MCU bottom-out

Both come in a 7.5x2 - but will they fit in the frame? :D

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
SSINGA said:
To bolt one of these up to a Turner??

Comes in a 7.5x2 :D

[*]Piggy-back reservoir with Intrinsic-Adjust damping system: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications [*]3-D forged and CNC machined: 40x49mm twin-tube air canister with a 12mm aluminum, internal damper shaft and MCU negative spring [*]6 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, Intrinsic pressure, No-Tools air volume/preload for bottom-out, and air-spring preload adjustability.
Would it even fit???

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
well it looks good but ive had girlfriends who looked good and didnt perform well. i hope manitou proves me wrong this year and puts out a winner.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
They sure look cool, but so do Manitou forks, and they mostly blow. Maybe they've got it right this year. I'd personally wait until Hayes really takes control of the product development. Hopefully they can do for Manitou what SRAM did for Rock Shox.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
NoahColorado said:
Hopefully they can do for Manitou what SRAM did for Rock Shox.
In some cases that's a good thing, in others, probably not so.

From my point of view they put out an expensive product (Lyric in my case) but didn't put enough effort in QC resulting in reliability issues. They're starting to smell like manipoo at this moment. I have to, however, complement RS on their new Mission Control damper as it is sweeet, if only they can fix their QC mishaps.

That said, SSinGa, I think you should go first this time. I'm done doing beta testing on high end shocks, for now, anyway.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Ha! I was sure Scuba would be first off the boat.:p
No way, man! I've found the shock for me; at least on the Pack. As ElChi stated, I wouldn't dream of replacing my pDHX on my Pack. :D

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
That said, SSinGa, I think you should go first this time. I'm done doing beta testing on high end shocks, for now, anyway.
I'm so far off the back, I just now caught up to your CCDB :madman:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
My Chubbie gives me a Woodie

I liked my Romic too... then I tried the DHX... then I tried the Avalanche...I ain't never goin' back to a stock shock!:thumbsup:

MK_ said:
By far the largest criticism of the DHX is that the boost valve, which is it's biggest strength, crimps the oil flow to an extent the shock spikes badly at high speeds. It is impossible to tune out without the help of PUSH...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.