Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
~~~~~~~~
Joined
·
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start making plans, spread the stoke, and pass on any deals.
MTBKauai? how's your recovery going?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I am

I am!!! But that's my home turf, and I usually stay in the city and do day trips...:thumbsup:

I usually do 'Comfortably Numb' trail. An aggressive XC/AM trail in the Whistler area...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
sick

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I never saw that file. Thanks! *sniff* me wants to go NOW!!!
 

·
long standing member
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
There's a very slim (and I do mean very slim) chance that I could get up there this summer. If so it would be around the second full week of August. I'm curious to see when others are going, too.

Of course, I won't be coming from Hawaii, but Whistler would be a stop-over on my way to Hawaii. Not sure if that's totally relevant here, though. :D
 

·
~~~~~~~~
Joined
·
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like a vacation compromise?
actually should work out pretty good as there are plenty of direct flights from Vancouver/Seattle to Hawaii.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
PCinSC said:
There's a very slim (and I do mean very slim) chance that I could get up there this summer. If so it would be around the second full week of August. I'm curious to see when others are going, too.

Of course, I won't be coming from Hawaii, but Whistler would be a stop-over on my way to Hawaii. Not sure if that's totally relevant here, though. :D
which island?
 

·
long standing member
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
airwreck said:
sounds like a vacation compromise?
Exactly. Although I certainly enjoy our vacations in Hawaii as much as she does. It remains to be seen if she'll enjoy downhilling as much as I do. :D
airwreck said:
actually should work out pretty good as there are plenty of direct flights from Vancouver/Seattle to Hawaii.
That's probably what'll make it possible: if we can find reasonably priced flights from the east coast to the northwest, then from there to and from HI. Actually, it was my wife who pointed out the direct flights and made the suggestion of possibly doing both.
racerzero said:
which island?
Most likely Kauai.
 

·
slaving away in paradise
Joined
·
365 Posts
PCinSC said:
Exactly. Although I certainly enjoy our vacations in Hawaii as much as she does. It remains to be seen if she'll enjoy downhilling as much as I do. :D

That's probably what'll make it possible: if we can find reasonably priced flights from the east coast to the northwest, then from there to and from HI. Actually, it was my wife who pointed out the direct flights and made the suggestion of possibly doing both.

Most likely Kauai.
If you're dh'ing give me a pm...


[original question]
Wish I was going this year, but I don't think so...you never know though. If so, not till sept.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Absolutely. Maybe.

airwreck said:
Time to start making plans, spread the stoke, and pass on any deals.
MTBKauai? how's your recovery going?
Um, my wrist is a lot better, but it's still pretty f'd up. I'm about 50 degrees away from full range of motion. The upside is that it's getting stronger and I'm doing a lot more riding. Doing mostly 'AM' style 'DH' if you know what I mean. Small airs and smooth drops only.

I had written Whistler off this year and was thinking about a domestic road trip or some other bike adventure — but as Summer draws near I'm thinking more and more about Dirt Merchant. I need to hold off for a couple more months before I make the call.

If? Hopefully. When? Septemberish.
 

·
slaving away in paradise
Joined
·
365 Posts
MTBKauai said:
I heard you applied for Canadian citizenship and your house is for sale. :eek: Traitor.
Not citizenship, just permanent resident...I'll still be able to vote hehehe...:thumbsup:

Damn those pictures make me want to ride...just got back, sick as a dog, but I want to ride this weekend...(I'll be giving you a call).
 

·
~~~~~~~~
Joined
·
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great pictures MTBkauai!
is that the new lower joy ride drop off the bridge over Lower CIU? looks puny from that angle...

good to hear your recovery is going well.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top