Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the Caney Bottom Trail???...Props to you my friend(s)... that trail was hurtin' for some lovin' !

the rock armouring done on the ditch was great... meant to takes some pix, but was having too much fun, the Rhodo tunnel before the stairs still needs some work Major mudhole even with the logs. liked the armouring of the staircase and the drop on the left of third log crossing...very cool. Again thanks for the great job of revitalizing an old favorite!

any chance of reopening the top section (boulder blockage) ?

Anyword of repairs to or reopening the road to Cove Creek?

·
twinkie
139 Posts
brado1 said:
on the Caney Bottom Trail???...Props to you my friend(s)... that trail was hurtin' for some lovin' !

the rock armouring done on the ditch was great... meant to takes some pix, but was having too much fun, the Rhodo tunnel before the stairs still needs some work Major mudhole even with the logs. liked the armouring of the staircase and the drop on the left of third log crossing...very cool. Again thanks for the great job of revitalizing an old favorite!

any chance of reopening the top section (boulder blockage) ?

Anyword of repairs to or reopening the road to Cove Creek?
Thanks are in order to Todd Branham for that work.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
the work...

Todd did that work and the similar, equally great work on Long Branch. It really is some of the best trail work I've seen- and I do quite a bit myself as the coordinator of the BioWheels/BRBC work days at Bent Creek. Rememeber when riding these trails that the goal is to ride over the armor/log-bridges- long term, we want the trail to naturalize back to actual singletrack width.

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that the top, very washed out section is permanently closed as a re-route, that's been determined to not be a sustainable section of trail.

The road will probably be done some time this summer- it's closed because of the wash-out further up towards the gap, past Daniel Ridge parking area, I think.

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Good stuff

Well thanks then Todd. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Good to see that some of the trailwork being done in Pisgah these days IS well crafted. I used to run the Trail Crew Program at IMBA when I lived in CO and definitely have an appreciation for folks who do the job right. Cheers

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Rode up there this past fall/winter

It was a mess, they were working @ the creek just below there when we came through. Huge, Gigantic, Enormous props to these guys & anyone that has a burden for the upkeep of NC trails anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.