Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Laker and a Trail Blazer
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I will ride oat hill tomorrow and ride straight to the Calistoga spa hot springs when I'm finished to thaw out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was just looking at the forecast and I was wondering if the fire roads near China Camp would be rideable. I guess if I'm gung ho tomorrow I'll let people know. The thought of having to clean up the bike afterwards is getting me lazy though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Even if anything was rideable, I would only bring out my HT to have less to clean.... problem is i'm too lazy to swap out the SB8s on that bike to have any kind of traction. Gym it is!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
You rode CC today? The standard loop or the back? I didn't think it'd drain that well.
I started on the front from the tree trunk up to ridge fire rd. then left all the way up ridge over to the backside. The trails actually weren't too bad, and the fire roads were very rideable. It was kinda fun blasting through the puddles:) the clean up after kinda sucked but it was well worth it!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Sea Otter recon mission at Fort Ord with Team Social Pace on Saturday.
Oddly, it seems that the rain has missed Monterey the last couple of days. It rained all day yesterday in Santa Cruz (with more on the way today) but these storms have been just grazing points south.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The storm so far has barely even hit south Coe as well - 0.07 inches (while headquarters has 0.47 inches). Meanwhile 5+ inches at Demo (and 10 inches near Boulder Creek). Where I am in San Jose, it hasn't even been wet enough to get the ground beneath some trees.

Of course that just means the next storm might hit harder to the south!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
I think I will ride oat hill tomorrow and ride straight to the Calistoga spa hot springs when I'm finished to thaw out.
I'll do my traditional rain ride from my house in pleasant hill to the oakland hills and beyond. no specifics in this thread though!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I did today

I did a rain ride today......without the rain.

This was Montana De Oro this morning. SLO has gotten NOTHING this week, it's beyond dusty right now. Some rain would actually be appreciated, but until then.......

Attachments

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I got super depressed from lack of saddle time so forced myself to ride today. St. Joes in Los Gatos. It sucked and then it sucked again. Soupy mess...guess it will be trail building time around here for a little while.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,856 Posts
I got super depressed from lack of saddle time so forced myself to ride today. St. Joes in Los Gatos. It sucked and then it sucked again. Soupy mess...guess it will be trail building time around here for a little while.
I see what you mean now. I drove over there and it was full on heavy drizzle. Sunny in San Jose but raining all day in Los Gatos!

Anywhere along the hills is going to be wet.

fc

·
singletrack bound
2,995 Posts
I've got tomorrow off and I am following the weather. I'm taking a chance but I'm heading down to Fort Ord and try to get one in before it breaks loose again. They have had just trace down there so far but tomorrow afternoon/ evening it is suppose to move south

JMS- you hear that ^ ^ ^

8:00 AM / 30% 11:00 AM / 30%
9:00 AM / 30% 12:00 PM / 40%
10:00 AM / 30% 2:00 PM / 60%

should be no problem, not too cold so rain jacket and layers! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I see what you mean now. I drove over there and it was full on heavy drizzle. Sunny in San Jose but raining all day in Los Gatos!

Anywhere along the hills is going to be wet.

fc
St. Joe's was as squishy as I ever seen it. I turned back before the singletrack turn off...

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
No riding for me. Moving this weekend....
But will hit up the good 'ol los gatos creek trail and maybe st joes on the cross bike...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts