Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Riding in SW PDX

I have been riding to/from work in SW PDX. Lot of work but great fun.

Many people have asked me if I have chains or studs but I am just rolling on the Kenda Nevs. The side streets with loose snow are the hardest sections to ride.

It is soo cool to talk to people out walking. Everyone except the stuck cars are having fun. :D

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Commuted via ski yesterday. Would have biked today, but my employer has generously let us have an extra holiday due to the weather. Went out and rode 10 miles tonight anyway. Skinny studs were awesome on the ice last week, but skinny doesnt cut it in the snow. Fat and low pressure was just the ticket.

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
No way

Two plus feet of snow is to much for riding; besides, cars swerve around and put me at way to much danger of getting hit. It is fun to screw around on your bike in the snow. By the way, is it ever going to end? We are getting hammered again today. I hear it is going to warm up this weekend :) It will be a while before the bike sees dirt.

Jaybo

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
I have been riding in outer SW PDX to/from work for several days. I drove yesterday night for the first time in a week to finish Xmas shopping, and it sucked. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway had huge ice ruts from four to eight inches deep that got you pretty squirrelly when changing lanes. Worse yet it was like driving across a furrowed farm field when crossing the road.

I did see a dude on a MTB riding right down BH Highway while I was out at 7pm in Raleigh Hills. Brave or crazy?

We had an inch plus last night and more on the way today. I see the City has finally plowed a wider path on some of the streets which allows me to ride in an actual bike lane. With the recent dusting I was actually able to ride much faster today on the way in. So far the motorists have been cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.