Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This semester, I got into the coffee habit. Two cups a day, one in the morning with breakfast and one sometime in the afternoon, black. I went home for spring break last week and didn't have coffee at all. Had some energy drinks (ok, a little more than "some"), but not much total caffeine.

The last cup of coffee I had before break was on the morning of March 16. I got back to my dorm this afternoon and brewed myself a pot of coffee -- Fair Trade Honduras blend, from Archer Farms -- so I could get through the homework that I have due online tonight.

Turns out this coffee has a lot more caffeine than any other coffee I've had, or maybe I just built up a slight tolerance to all the energy drinks I was drinking over break. Either way, I'm going to be up all night, bouncing off the walls. Whoops.

·
Huckin' trails
5,962 Posts
Same happen to me. Just replace "caffeine" by riding.

And don't do drugs. At least not until you're done with your homework.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same happen to me. Just replace "caffeine" by riding.

And don't do drugs. At least not until you're done with your homework.
I guess you could say that I did the same with my riding/training habit as I did with my coffee habit over spring break.... :p

And drugs make the world go 'round. I think. That's what they do, isn't it?

·
Titanium junkie
1,429 Posts
Both of you, SHUT UP, QUIT TALKING, and GO TO BED.
And Erik, you have homework due in the morning, now get
it done and QUIT SCREWING AROUND!!!:D

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't tell me what to do!!!!!

You don't even know me!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dang! I miss the old family dynamics like this... you folks rock!... and roll... all night long... apparently! :D

Sometimes I wish coffee(stimulants) had that effect on me... sadly... with ADHD... I'm like that all the time so it's normal for me and I don't get to enjoy that "special" experience as some unique event.
Sure saved me a whole heap of money though... never had to buy speed to work extra long shifts in the oilfields and for other utilitarian purposes. ;)
Sure left me shaking my head a lot, wondering what all those "other" people were carrying on about with all their recreational stimulants... just a waste of time for me :yawn:

For example... right now I'm enjoying a nice fresh cup of strong black coffee here at work, which I'm drinking just for the taste.
I'll be off in 9 minutes and heading home for bed where I'll fall asleep just fine after I play guitar for a while, and probably play mahjong on my iPhone for a while. Then I'll wake up in 5-6 hours to double-back for the 7am shift, off at 3:30pm, drive 20 miles north to do some or all of these things...
mtb 1-2 hours
check out an item for sale on CL
go to a concert at 7:30p then back home probably to do "stuff" until I finally get tired enough to sleep.

Tuesday is my day off this week! I'll be prepping for my Wilderness Survival class I teach that night... and hopefully get in a real good ride during the day... rain or shine (well... more like sprinkle or shine :p ).

I wish you well on your school work.
Unlike you... I can't STAND energy drinks :nono: :D

·
Huckin' trails
5,962 Posts
I don't need no energy drink.
I don't need no coffee.
I don't need no drug.

All I need is vodka and my bike.

·
2,989 Posts
Not sure weather to laugh at you chuckle-****s or run the opposite direction. Sheesh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts