Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was all ready to post, and then did something stupid and erased it all. :mad:

In a nutshell, Jed & I did 2 rides in the Sac area over the weekend- 1st in Auburn w/ Velo Bellas on singlespeeds (is Maria a VB?), Sabine and Suzy, then Salmon Falls w/ Jilm.

Many thanks to Jed & Suzy for putting me up so I didn't have to go home between rides. :) Jed drove everywhere, too.

Here's Jed on MM, riding it faster than Jilm & I, on a SS w/ 3" of front travel. :p (yes, MM is open and still nasty fun.)

Suzy and Maria, cuties above the beauty.

Sabine (pronounced Say-byne), sunning the chill off.

Jilm railing a corner.

A scenic beginning to a ride.

fp

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JFR said:
Wish I coulda made it. Mmmmickey mouse must've been fun.
Yeah, perfectly tacky.

So, what's the scoop on your wound? I know what happened (thanks, Jilm), but what did you actually do to yourself?

fp

·
Registered
997 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Yeah, perfectly tacky.

So, what's the scoop on your wound? I know what happened (thanks, Jilm), but what did you actually do to yourself?

fp
Wow. I just experienced the dreaded "somehow lost/deleted my post/reply". Only I did it myself. Don't ask.

I went over the bars on a steep downhill and rag dolled over a downhill pointed log. The log had broken tree limb knubs and I must've caught one in the thigh. In addition to the jab in the thigh, I must've also twisted that leg because my hip socket is very sore. My hip seems to be healing slower than my thigh.

I've ridden the road twice real easy, and I'm going to do an easy commute today. I should be back soon.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Got ya covered!

JFR said:
Wow. I just experienced the dreaded "somehow lost/deleted my post/reply". Only I did it myself. Don't ask.

I went over the bars on a steep downhill and rag dolled over a downhill pointed log. The log had broken tree limb knubs and I must've caught one in the thigh. In addition to the jab in the thigh, I must've also twisted that leg because my hip socket is very sore. My hip seems to be healing slower than my thigh.

I've ridden the road twice real easy, and I'm going to do an easy commute today. I should be back soon.
Just wanted to let all interested parties know that this was one of the most extreme rocky (baby heads) sections I have ever seen. Seeing Johnny sitting off to the side with his bike about 40 feet down the hill gave me an excuse to dismount before trying to ride through. Kudos to JFR for giving it a shot! Man that is a nasty section! Sorry to hear that you are still hurting Johnny and thanx for "getting in the way" so I didn't end up the same. I sure wish I had seen your "rag doll" impression tough.

Wish I coulda ridden with yall over the weekend but I am just getting over a nast cold...complete with yellow/green lung butter...Mmmmmm

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Damn sounds nasty. Heal well
We would have prefered some video though of rag dolling. For educational purposes of course.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Yeowwee!

JFR said:
Wow. I went over the bars on a steep downhill and rag dolled over a downhill pointed log. The log had broken tree limb knubs and I must've caught one in the thigh. In addition to the jab in the thigh, I must've also twisted that leg because my hip socket is very sore. My hip seems to be healing slower than my thigh.

What's that all about JFR? Please quit doin that. You might have to change your handle to "Johnny Frequently Ragdolls" and for an icon like yourself that would be a bad thang! heh,,jk. ;)

Heal up brotha-JMac

·
Allways ride safe!!
294 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm Lung Butter

Yummy multicolored lung butter! I love to put it on toast and then lick it off and then suck the remains off my fingers. Save some!

Question:

If you eat lung butter and it comes back up, is it now lung butter or 'stomach butter'? Will the addition of sour, acidic fluids ruin its original texture and flavor?

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Heal soon.

JFR said:

Sorry to hear about you taking a nasty spill. At least it wasn't that ladder on your urban assault ride. That would have done some major damage. Hope to hear you're back asaulting the trails soon.

Fiona

·
Registered
997 Posts
Fiona said:
Sorry to hear about you taking a nasty spill. At least it wasn't that ladder on your urban assault ride. That would have done some major damage. Hope to hear you're back asaulting the trails soon.

Fiona
Thanks for the well wishes you guys and goddesses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.