Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
industry employee
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The viewpoint is aimed a little low....mostly because the camera wearer tends to look downward to see where he is going. I'll have a wide-angle lens soon which should take care of some of the jitters and viewpoint issues.

I thought I'd post this one for now for those that have not had the chance to ride whoops yet....

mike
Monday, June 23rd, 2008

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice!

You are both going bigger than I ever will on those jumps. Nice work, can't wait to see the wide angle.

It is interesting how the trail looks so much different from a camera. I'm not sure why, but I recognize sections, but I'm not seeing the whole trail like I do when I ride it. Thanks for the post. That makes me want to get a helmet cam.

BFE

·
Registered
19,118 Posts
BIGfatED said:
You mean all you have to do is eat poop and you get something named after you? WTF. Hehe..... Joking, I think of Nat every time I "roll" over those doubles.
Hey man, you have an entire race named after you. Howwwwwn!

·
Registered
19,118 Posts
mtbzone said:
The goalpost double, now commonly referred to as "Nat's Jump", is at the 1:30 mark....;)
Too funny, as I watch the video I keep catching myself trying to peer up beyond the top border of the frame! I'm not too bright.

·
Registered
19,118 Posts
BIGfatED said:
What race is that, The Full Body Cramp? Harrrr.

Let's hope I can keep the cramps at bay this weekend. Going to huf and "Puff" for a dirt century.
Yep, that's the one. You know, when you came across the finish line doing "the Kokopelli."

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nat said:
Yep, that's the one. You know, when you came across the finish line doing "the Kokopelli."
You should have seen me this year. I placed closer to the top, but I paid for it at the finish line. No wheelies this year, but another racer tried to pass me and the finish and I wasn't having it.......crossed the line and assumed the position. Man that hurt! :D

·
Registered
19,118 Posts
BIGfatED said:
You should have seen me this year. I placed closer to the top, but I paid for it at the finish line. No wheelies this year, but another racer tried to pass me and the finish and I wasn't having it.......crossed the line and assumed the position. Man that hurt! :D
"Assumed the position." That's funny!

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Good stuff! Amazing how much a regular lens on a helmet cam "slows" things down and flattens out the trail/features. At 6 minutes top to bottom, you were surely going a lot faster than the footage makes it appear. A wide angle lens really helps to give a more true sense of speed. Post up the video when you get the wide angle... it'll be cool to see the 2 side by side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.