Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode up to my local trail yesterday to meet some buddies (one a new Homer) for a quick ride. As I started the climb away from the trailhead, the chain skipped (I thought) and I came unclipped. At the next rise a few feet away the rear tire began to rub, so I stopped to czech it out...
Chainstay weld at the yoke was cracked all of the way around :eekster:
The only thing holding it all together is a ziptie that keeps my chainstay protector on.
I left a message for Turner yesterday and sent a warranty message via their site. Anything else I should do?
I'm confident it will be taken care of quickly and to my satisfaction, but I hope it doesnt have to wait until 1/5/09 when they come back from the holidays and inventory as the vm said.

Either way, this is one reason I went with Turner. Proven CS.

I'll post pics after my road ride this morning.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
HL or HL

Horst Link or Highline chainstay?

The office is closed till the 5th, but if you drop me a line I will see what I can do before that, I am in route to Mammoth for a few days of tele turns and checking email on the road and at the campground. I will be back before the 5th so if I can, I will send a part out.

DT

·
Registered
778 Posts
turnerbikes said:

The office is closed till the 5th, but if you drop me a line I will see what I can do before that, I am in route to Mammoth for a few days of tele turns and checking email on the road and at the campground. I will be back before the 5th so if I can, I will send a part out.

DT
DT do you ever switch of from work?

·
Registered
787 Posts
turnerbikes said:

DT
wow, now that is some excellent CS. i'm not surprised, but it's DT's attention to his customers that makes Turner one of the best in the business. :thumbsup: everyone at Turner has always taken care of me in the past, and i foresee in the future as well, i appreciate it. enjoy your time off in mammoth. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
turnerbikes said:

DT
How could you not buy a bike form this guy WOW! standing ovation here!

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
So is it horst link or highline?
I hope after his trip to mamouth he finishes up the DHR and gets on the RFX. I'd like to see a proto or finished product sooner than later.

Happy holidayz everyone.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
turnerbikes said:

DT
Dave,

5-Spot Horst Link. I hope you get some good turns in. I'll pm you with contact info, and if you do get back and want to deal with it, I'll drive up (if it helps).

I apreciate the prompt reply, and apologize for the incomplete info earlier. I'd only had 2 cups of coffee and was still hoppy headed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zipties are amazing

Gas Plastic Paper

Iron Leather Mesh

Joint Tan Beige Khaki Silver

Not only am i not a good photographer, I'm also no good at uploading these.

Removed the rear triangle last night, and went to sleep with dreams of getting a TNT rear, and waking with nightmares that there were no more and I'd have to buy a new frame.

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Stunning

I'm absolutely stunned (in a good way) that DT responded so quick when offices are closed and he's on vaca. [Note to DT: put down from the crackberry!] THAT is a HUGE reason (not the only one) why i spent hard earned bucks to get a Turner. I run a small biz and I know about quality customer service; DT exemplifies it.

I ride a HL 5 spot also and it's holding up well so far...but i know the day will come when she finally gives up the ghost after 2,379 thrashing rides (YMMV). When that sad day arrives to darken the annals of history, daddy-o will be drooling over another Turner.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm back

quads a bleeding after tele skiing with my wife at Mammoth. The place was freakin packed! It was actually kinda cool to rest some in the lift lines as the high speed chairs will tear down the legs so fast. Great to see the families cranking turns together too.

So, orangerider, I will get a part or 2 out to you tommorow if we can get in touch today. I am not sure if we have any Horst Link type chainstays, but I can check the trade in rack. If not, TNT. Drop me a line at [email protected] and we can get this worked out, if you are in SoCal, we can meet at the warehouse today or tomorrow and that will put you on the bike before the weekend.

DT

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.