Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think the best time to ride the Whole Enchilada is? We went last year in May and once we got into the more desert type section it was pretty hot, does anyone do this ride in fall? When is the best time to go before the top gets too cold and snowed over?

I put our video chain below for viewing pleasure :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKTjyNBN2X0&list=PLkqZ76EUGktWyG_7b5NfjOor_jIVmOkZK

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sept. or early Oct. get my vote. It is usually kinda hot by the bottom any time of year that there isn't going to be snow up top, but I don't mind so much.

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sept. or early Oct. get my vote. It is usually kinda hot by the bottom any time of year that there isn't going to be snow up top, but I don't mind so much.
Gotcha, are the leaves changing up there during that time? I wouldn't mind riding down during that and grabbing some cool photos

·
rpalmer
113 Posts
If you try to ride it on the "shoulder season" (fall or spring) you're going to run the risk of snow. I've seen it get unrideable by mid-September, and the snow usually sticks around on Burro until June. Unless you get lucky the only way to ride the whole thing without dealing with snow is to put up with the heat of the desert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts