Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a 3/8" difference in two supposedly "2.1" tires. Wow. That's a bit much. Read a bit here and there about their old sizing vs. new sizing - this really showcases it! Wonder if they plan to do new molds for their older model tires, to get them more true to size like their newer offerings? That would be nice.

2.1 High Roller and 2.1 ADvantage. Same rims front and rear.

The larger of the two is about the smallest I prefer to run. Will give the skinny ass High Roller a shot though, since I got it cheap. Hell, at least it'll roll fast, right? :thumbsup:

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
No surprises there - the 2.1 High Roller and the Ignitor as well, are small for the stated sizes. I ran 2.1 HR's on my HT for a while - they do punch above their weight, but the small volume means you need to run them hard if it's rocky.

I thought the 2.1 HR was an average roller, not as fast as all the tread ramping and light weight would suggest, and not as fast a roller as the similarly sized 2.1 IRC Mibros that replaced them.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shiggy said:
No surprise and they are not going to remold or relabel the older models. Would just add to the confusion.

Been discussed several times.
I know on the size discrepancy; mentioned in the OP that I'd read about it here and there.

Assumed they wouldn't be changing either the molds or labels. The difference was just so glaring, I felt compelled to rant a bit about it.

I still like the tires. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
scrublover said:
-snip-
2.1 High Roller and 2.1 ADvantage. Same rims front and rear.
-snip-
The larger of the two is about the smallest I prefer to run. Will give the skinny ass High Roller a shot though, since I got it cheap. Hell, at least it'll roll fast, right? :thumbsup:
I can't read your calipers - what's the tread width of the Advantage 2.1?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.