Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!
i'm interested with buy this frame.
I have an 27.5 "hardtail and i would like to be sure that i can fit 650b wheel on these frame.
Usually use 27.5x2.20 / 2.25 tyres like ikon or ardent race. Can i fit properly in this frame?
Forgive my bad English, i'm from spain...
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have 2.25 tires with plenty of clearance, my 650B wheels are narrow though but I don't think you'd have a problem with a wide rim at 2.25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok!
And, put a 27.5" 120mm reba in this frame is fine or is better looking at new fork (140mm sr epicon for eg.).

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's a rivet so you could drill it out and you would have a small hole in your frame.
The plastic cable clip pops right off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's a rivet so you could drill it out and you would have a small hole in your frame.
The plastic cable clip pops right off.

drill? on my new and first carbon frame? it's so dangerous . on one could put a bolt or something....
Thanks mtbmiles.
PS: this fork will be the frame's partner. RS sektor gold 27.5 140mm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, With 27.5x2.25 tyres, the BB height is 34.5cm... in my first ride i feel like riding a horse. In my ex XC bike i had 30cm BB height, i usually hit rocks, but more stable in high speeds and cornering. maybe..... 34.5cm BB is too hight?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Mine is 33.34 or 13 1/8". I'm running a pike 140 fork. I imagine once you have 30% SAG or so on your fork it would be pretty minimal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is 33.34 or 13 1/8". I'm running a pike 140 fork. I imagine once you have 30% SAG or so on your fork it would be pretty minimal?

Aahh ok! I measured unsaged. now, with my weight, the bb height is ok, about 33cm (13"). furthermore... glups... it was so close!

is a oval chainring 34T, so the maximun oval chainring in this frame is 32T.
I just ordered a 34t round, meanwhile, i do a homemade spacer.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I put a 34 Wolftooth oval on mine and it is really close as well, I think I have a bottom bracket spacer in there too. Chain line isn't bad though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Finally sharing a couple pics, running a one by nine drivetrain with the Wolftooth 34 oval upfront. I ended up buying me a On One Knuckle Bar after my cheap Chinese carbon bars broke while jumping. The bike is a lot of fun, I put it together with some used parts so I can do some trail rides with my kid and ride the pump tracks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys:thumbsup: Newbie and just introduced myself on the General thread.
Can anyone tell me what the finish is like on the matt stealth please? I've read that flakes off and scratches easy particularly on the MK1 version of this frame.
On one have one left in my size so I might take a punt.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Ended up getting the black and orange as all the stealth frames had gone. Have to say the finish on the paint is really nice. My only gripe is the multitude of cable guides and they're positioning. Until I decide to get a dropper post most of them will be redundant with a 1x10 set up. I've also tried my girl friend 650 rear wheel in the frame and there was ample room with 2.25 rocket rons. Could easy go a bit fatter.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts