Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I never updated with completed pics did I? The bike has been great the past few months. Still rides awesome, still super-fun. 650b may fit but I'm not really concerned with that (yet)

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive installed 2.2 nobby nics and there's more than enough clearance. I've ridden it and it rides really well. the only thing really noticeable for me was the height of the bottom bracket. its +/- 13 inches! pedal strikes are non existent. its brilliant.:thumbsup: i can provide photos if requested

·
Registered
35 Posts
its unlikely i'll change to 650b due to the costs involved, ie wheels, forks (or new lowers) and tyres. but its nice to have the option for if i get to upgrade the forks to a set of pikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the pics and details Bad Andy ;)
I'm 5'9" just like you but with a 31" inseam. I ride a 2013 16" Dartmoor Hornet just perfect for me and comparing both effective top tubes i would have to order a 18" 456c Evo to keep the same length. Worse, i'm thinking about going with a 50mm stem instead of the 70mm i have on the Hornet to compensate the 456c slacker head angle, so it seems that the 16" really wouldn't make it for me. What do you think? Could other 456c Evo owners publish here their height, inseam, frame size and feelings please :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I'm from Spain and I'm interested in an on one carbon 456 evo frame, but I have a doubt about it.
I have a DT swiss wheelset that I want to use in the frame, but it has an 142x12 Thru axle. And the frame (i suppouse) is 135x9mm
Is there a swapout dropout machined to use with 142x12 axles?
Or any other solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
ive installed 2.2 nobby nics and there's more than enough clearance. I've ridden it and it rides really well. the only thing really noticeable for me was the height of the bottom bracket. its +/- 13 inches! pedal strikes are non existent. its brilliant.:thumbsup: i can provide photos if requested
Yes! More photos of clearance with 650bs please!!!

·
battle stag commander
207 Posts
Bumpin it back to life! great builds on this thread. I am considering this frame, pretty hard to argue with the cost (though Im late, 18s are gone).

I noticed the chainstay on the 18" is 427mm, seems long, as well as the top tube length being 603, which is longish. How has this been feeling for folks with some saddle time? paired with that slack head angle is ok?

·
Rocks belong
5,268 Posts
427mm is long for 26/650b... many AM 29er HT's are in that range. Canfield Yelli is 424mm :)

·
battle stag commander
207 Posts
Fair, not a huge difference, although 5-8mm in a chainstay is certainly noticeable. It seems like most other "aggressive" hardtails I have been eying up fall more towards the 415-4
20mm range at an 18" frame, (im thinking most chromag whips, cotic, stanton, etc.) My interest is really in the fact that this seems to be built as an "all mountain" frame, so certainly there was considerable thought put into the geometry. It is a sweet deal, is it a sweet ride?

·
Registered
14 Posts
And here's my stealth bling machine, just finished yesterday.
18" Carbon frame, bars, seatpost and even forks (Dt Swiss EXC150 with custom painted matt black lowers to go with the black n' gold colour scheme).
Not weighed it yet but it's bloody light!

456EVO 1.jpg

456EVO 2.jpg

I'm actually looking to sell this bike straight away while it's new so anyone interested, get in touch

·
Registered
845 Posts
Has anyone tried 27.5+ in this bike? Or would it raise the BB too much?

I also think 26+ would be awesome for this bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't think you'll get much more than a 2.4-2.5 on the rear safely in 26 inch wheel size. 27.5 fits a 2.3 butcher fine on a narrow rim, but definitely not gonna accommodate a 27.5 + tire.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey is anyone here with the carbon 456 evo able to provide a long term review of the frame and/or interested in selling (looking at the 16" frame) ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just putting one together with 650b wheels and rigid fork, been missing my rigid single speed Lurcher. This will be a lot more fun at the pump track and trail riding with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 63 Posts