Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously, any riders out there who used to punish a 888 and have had a chance to build up some time on a new 40?

how bis is the difference? worth the extra $$$?

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
bluride said:
seriously, any riders out there who used to punish a 888 and have had a chance to build up some time on a new 40?

how bis is the difference? worth the extra $$$?
I'll be able to tell you in about a week. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
TheSherpa said:
I'll be able to tell you in about a week. :)
a week is such a long time! i just sent in my bike for the 2nd free tune up that came with buying it and they say itll be done next next monday! :(

but i got to try out their new stinky supreme and kona chopper bike while i was there today, such nice guys :D

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Chikity China said:
a week is such a long time! i just sent in my bike for the 2nd free tune up that came with buying it and they say itll be done next next monday! :(
Thats ********. It takes 15min tops to tune-up a bike, and they should have 24hr turn around at least for people who bought the bike there. Learn to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Thats ********. It takes 15min tops to tune-up a bike, and they should have 24hr turn around at least for people who bought the bike there. Learn to do it yourself.
u can completely take apart and rebuild a bike in 15 minutes?

and theyve got great business so theyve got like a lot of bikes to rebuild

also, did i thought i mentioned the tune up was free. id much rather have an experienced mech tune it up than myself (i can build up bikes but i dont have the tools and am not that good at it ya know. thats also y im gettin a ht frame with a toolkit and buildin it up soon and then having the lbs tune it up to make sure i did it right)

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Chikity China said:

also, did i thought i mentioned the tune up was free. id much rather have an experienced mech tune it up than myself (i can build up bikes but i dont have the tools and am not that good at it ya know. thats also y im gettin a ht frame with a toolkit and buildin it up soon and then having the lbs tune it up to make sure i did it right)
so out of topic....like always...

No inverted fork , no game for me..;) :D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
bentimby said:
what is this world coming to?
im sry for hijackin the thread :(

so to get this thread back on topic:

i probably would swap out 888 for 40 if im h-core dher but since i mostly fr, i would keep 888 :D

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Chikity China said:

Why the hell does your new bike need to be completely taken apart and rebuilt?

Oh and i'd be all over a DH40 over my 888.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Why the hell does your new bike need to be completely taken apart and rebuilt?

Oh and i'd be all over a DH40 over my 888.
its not new..........

and ya take it apart to make sure there aint any damage in the components and to regrease the parts that need greasin, also the mechanic tests the drive train without the cassette and other random stuff for every senario, their tune up routine is pretty in depth

ur type of "tune up" is making sure the wheels arent loose, the headset is tight, and the rear suspension dont flex? now i understand y u can do it in 15 mins, everyone can

·
Registered
24 Posts
fox 40

If ur into free riding think twice before buying the 40. they r super thin. I've nearly punctured the lower leg, & the paint chips off if you look at it too hard. It seems to work good though. I was running 02 monster berfore.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
maybe they have other work to do. your probably not the only one who wants to get his bike tuned.
yea, i said they got good business

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
tyler durden said:
If ur into free riding think twice before buying the 40. they r super thin. I've nearly punctured the lower leg, & the paint chips off if you look at it too hard. It seems to work good though. I was running 02 monster berfore.
hahahaha! new sig.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.